9.

The Ninth Chapter

****

ऐसा क्यूँ होता है, तेरे जाने के बाद
लगता है हाँथों में, रह गए तेरे हाथ
तू शामिल है मेरे, हँसने में रोने में
है क्या कोई कमी, मेरे पागल होने में
मैनू इश्क तेरा लै डूबा...

****

"Why were you not there when I needed you the most in the past few months?" I questioned, my frustration bubbling to the surface

He appeared to be deep in thought, his gaze momentarily lost in contemplation. After a brief pause, his eyes closed for a moment, as if gathering his thoughts, before he nodded with a subtle acknowledgment. 

"Join me," he invited, gracefully shifting to create space on the cozy, small couch. Without uttering a word, I complied, taking a seat beside him.  A huge jacuzzi was placed right next to the couch.

My gaze remained fixed on his features, searching for any subtle cues that might offer insight into the questions lingering in my mind.

As we sat in silence, he finally broke it, his voice carrying a mixture of sincerity and apology. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there. But I had my own reasons. You may label me as either petty or stupid, but I was attempting to handle it in my own way," he explained, prompting me to look at him with a puzzled frown. 

"When Bhai-sa and Meera got married, things were calm, and that's when you told me about that scenario."

"Roohi, I swear on God, I had talked to Bhai-sa already about this. This complicated and rushed wedding was never the plan. But then, shit went down. Meera got kidnapped, you know? She was in the damn hospital for weeks, and meanwhile, I was the one who was handling the entire family and the Rajvansh company while Bhai-sa focused merely on Meera."

"I'm sorry, Roohi, but I was exhausted and tired and in no way capable of helping you previously. I remembered the date you said about your wedding, and then I planned that this would be the best. I'm not going to give you excuses alright?" He concluded, and I, in a daze, simply blinked, attempting to absorb the whirlwind of emotions he had just unleashed.

He just gave me a damn excuse but honestly who cares? At this point my goal is to somehow survive. 

What in the Bollywood shit is this?

I couldn't help but question, "You didn't find a moment to send me a text?" I wasn't entirely convinced. Actually not convinced at all. 

His gaze wandered into the distance as he responded with a tight-lipped smile.