16.

The Sixteenth Chapter

Hey, my favorite peeps! Apologies for the late update. I've been on the road, travelling, barely catching any WiFi. Anyways, the chapter below is a tad more on the sad and emotional side. So, yeah, enjoy the read! <3

****

ओ करम खुदाया है
तुझे मुझसे मिलाया है
तुझपे मरके ही तो
मुझे जीना आया है

ओ तेरे संग यारा
ख़ुश रंग बहारा
तू रात दीवानी
मैं ज़र्द सितारा

****

The minutes ticked by, and I found myself waiting at the reception, a slight nervousness fluttering within me as Mr

The minutes ticked by, and I found myself waiting at the reception, a slight nervousness fluttering within me as Mr. Sabyasachi concluded his meeting. It wasn't long before he emerged, a presence that commanded attention, and yet, he approached with a genuine smile.

"Ms. Sharma, I hope you had a good tour," he greeted, extending a hand.

I didn't like being called "Ms. Sharma." I preferred being linked to Rudra, having our names together. 

Mrs. Roohi Rudra Rajvansh.

But, our marriage was a secret. 

Even the guests at my muh dikhai had to sign nondisclosure agreements. It's a hidden truth, kept away from the media and the tough celebrity world. We'll reveal our marriage when I'm ready for the possible challenges and judgments that might come our way.

I shook it with a smile, "Absolutely, Mr. Sabyasachi. It's an honor to be here."

"Call me Sabya," he insisted, leading the way towards a more private space. "Let's discuss how we can collaborate."

He motioned for me to follow him to a more private space. As we settled into a tastefully decorated designing room, mostly empty but exuding creativity, Mr. Sabyasachi initiated a conversation about my background and experiences.

"I've gone through your portfolio, Roohi. Impressive work," he commended, his eyes reflecting genuine interest.

"Thank you. I'm truly honored to be a part of this team," I replied, a blend of excitement and gratitude in my voice.

He asked about my previous experiences, my design philosophy, and what I envisioned bringing to the team.

"It's not just about the designs, it's about the stories we tell," Sabya remarked, and I couldn't agree more.

As we continued talking, he mentioned, "For the initial months, you'll be working closely with Mr. Naman Kashyap. He's a seasoned designer here, and I believe you'll benefit from his guidance."