12.

The Twelfth Chapter

****

तेरी मेरी ऐसी जुड़ गई कहानी
के जुड़ जाता जैसे दो नदियों का पानी
मुझे आगे तेरे साथ बहना है
जाना तुम्हें तो है ये बात जानी
के ये ज़िन्दगी कैसे बनती सुहानी
मुझे हर पल तेरे साथ रहना है

****

"What do you mean?" he spoke, his anger palpable

"No, it was just once, when the entire marriage thing came up, and I rebelled horribly. But it was 1 vs. 4, not even including that asshole's family," I said casually, but I saw his eyes drop, laced with guilt as he clutched the steering wheel tightly, his clenched fist turning white.

"Hey, it's okay. Calm down," I said, unconsciously removing his hold from the steering wheel and holding his hands in mine, which he clutched tightly.

"No. You suffered so much, all because I was late," he gritted, and it felt like if I wasn't sitting here, he would have rushed off to bang his head against the hood of the car.

Next thing I know, he gets out of the car, banging the door closed, making me almost flinch at the noise.

Arrey actual mein saar phodne jaa rahe hai kya? (Is he actually going to bang his head?)

"Zindagi mein kabhi bhi unhe itna gusse mein nahi dekha," I muttered, looking at him run his hands through his hair, leaning against the bonnet of the car.

I stepped out of the car, unsure of how to handle Rudra's anger. His eyes were intense, burning with a fury that seemed ready to consume everything in its path. He looked at me, his gaze softened for a moment as he took a deep breath.

"I can't stand seeing you hurt," he muttered, his voice heavy with frustration. "They will pay for what they did to you."

I watched as he paced back and forth, clenching his fists. The air around him crackled with tension. I reached out tentatively, placing a hand on his shoulder. He turned to me, his eyes meeting mine.

"Roohi, they won't get away with this. I promise you that," he said, his tone resolute. "I'll make sure they regret every moment they made you suffer."

"My very angry Romeo Rajvansh, they are already ruined. I was their source of income. Now that I've abandoned them, they will work for every penny to survive," I explained calmly, my voice a gentle breeze carrying the weight of my decision. 

As I spoke, I could see the turmoil in his eyes, a storm brewing beneath the surface.

"They dared to poison my wife," he spoke, his words slicing through the air like a blade, and I witnessed the anger etched on his face.