26.

An early update, Yay!

The twenty sixth chapter

***

मेरी हरकतें
क्यूँ बदल रही है
जबसे मुझको तू मिली है
तबसे है बड़ी हैरतें

तेरी आहटें
क्यूँ जगा रही है मुझको
सारी सारी रात ले रही हु मैं करवटे

बादल बादल पे चलते
पैदल पैदल है अब ये
पड़ते ज़मीन पे कदम क्यूँ नहीं

***

"Please, calm down," I muttered, my hands now rubbing his chest in a desperate attempt to quell the storm brewing within him

"Please, calm down," I muttered, my hands now rubbing his chest in a desperate attempt to quell the storm brewing within him. I feared that any moment, the simmering rage in his eyes might erupt into something uncontrollable.

His eyes were dark, cold, a storm of emotions raging within them as he continued to glare at my father. His hold on my waist was tight, almost bruising.

With great care, I slowly took his hand off my waist, clutching onto them as if to calm him. Somehow control him.

"I am going to repeat politely for the sake of my wife," Rudra's voice sliced through the air, each word carrying an unspoken threat. "Either you bark here in front of her entire family or have dinner and leave."

The authority in his voice was chilling, and I watched as my own family involuntarily shivered, bowing down under the weight of his intimidating gaze.

"I-It's nothing that important. I just wanted to surprise my sister, you know, Kunwar-sa, special moments," Bhai spoke, his voice shaky, but there was a glimmer of courage in his eyes. He walked towards us.

Rudra looked into my eyes, an unspoken question lingering. It was as if he sought permission to punch my brother in the guts, but I shook my head subtly. This was my battle, and I needed to be the one facing it.

"Sure," I said, and Rudra looked at me with uncertainty, but he nodded in agreement.

"Let's go to the back garden of the venue," I suggested, and my entire family eagerly nodded. 

As we made our way to the back garden, Rudra's gaze bore into mine, a silent reminder to be cautious. I nodded in acknowledgment.

Walking alongside my family, I couldn't shake the discomfort.

Upon reaching the back garden, I turned around to face them, a weariness in my voice as I asked, "What do you want?" My mother stepped closer, her hands moving to my neck to caress the necklace.