28.

The Twenty Eighth Chapter.

I've been so consistent with the updates, really proud of myself.

Sad chapter ahead.

Also horribly written. I'm sorry..I'll edit it, try to make it worth it soon.

****

अभी अभी तो मिले थे
फिर जुदा हो गए
क्या थी मेरी खता
तुम सज़ा हो गए

मुझे खोने के बाद इक दिन
तुम मुझे याद करोगे
फिर देखना मिलने की मुझसे
तुम फरियाद करोगे

****

I settled into the dining room, where Kushaal and Vaahi were already having breakfast and engrossed in Kushaal's college discussion

I'm angry at Rudra. He faked his injury! I genuinely thought he fell down. But I'll get my chance to be angry with him. I'll make him beg for forgiveness. Mein bhi silent treatment dungi unko!

"How are the applications coming along?" Vaahi asked, a smile playing on her lips.

"I have a few left," Kushaal replied, and we both nodded in understanding.

"Which college are you really hoping for?" I inquired, curious. After a thoughtful pause, he answered, "Bayview Tech Academy, California." I grinned in response. "Good choice. Best for computer science, isn't it?" I said with a smile, and he nodded in agreement.

Just as the conversation was flowing, Sumi Kaki rushed towards me in a state of panic.

"Bai-sa, kunwar-sa ka bohot jor se jhagda kar rahe hai," she exclaimed urgently, making me stand up with a frown.

What? He was talking to Maa..

"I'll be right back," I said to Vaahi and Kushaal, rushing after Sumi Kaki. She stopped abruptly in front of Vaidehi Maa's room, and that's when I heard the thunderous yells.

As I walked inside, I froze. Rudra was on the verge of delivering a punch to his own father. I couldn't believe my eyes.

My hands were shaking as I saw what was happening. Vaidehi Maa looked terrified, her eyes glued to Rudra.

"Rudra!" I yelled, my voice desperate. Surprisingly, my words made him stop. He turned slowly, his angry eyes meeting mine, they seemed pained. As he stepped back, his raised hand started to come down. 

"Rudra, Leave!" Maa's voice trembled. 

Panic hit me, and I rushed towards him, trying to hold his arm to calm him down. But something changed in him, and he pulled away suddenly, rushing out of the room.