35.

The thirty-fifth chapter

****

Author's Note - Rudra's Perspective

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. Before diving into the chapter, I wanted to have a little chat with you all about something important. This story marks a significant shift for me as a writer, as it's the first time I'm blending characters from two different stories into the same setting and timeline.

Now, let's talk about Rudra. This chapter is from his perspective, and I want to emphasize that it's crucial to understand his point of view. You see, in this chapter, you might encounter differences of opinions among the characters. And that's okay. It's a reflection of how families function in reality. People hold grudges, they disagree, and sometimes, they clash with their own family members.

I understand that some of you might have strong attachments to certain characters from my previous story, and that's completely understandable. But I urge you to try to see things from Rudra's perspective. He's navigating his own journey, and like all of us, he's shaped by his experiences and beliefs.

So, as you read through this chapter, I ask for your empathy and understanding. Please refrain from hating on Rudra or any other character. Instead, try to delve into their motivations, their struggles, and their growth throughout the narrative.

Happy reading!

****

पल दो पल की ही क्यूं है ज़िंदगी
इस प्यार को है सदियाँ काफी नहीं
तो खुदा से माँग लूँ
मोहलत मैं इक नयी
रहना है बस यहाँ
अब दूर तुझसे जाना नहीं
जो तू मेरा हमदर्द है
सुहाना हर दर्द है
जो तू मेरा हमदर्द है

****

A week later-

A week later-

Dragging myself through the warehouse doors, feeling totally worn out, I couldn't shake the tiredness from my face. The clock on the wall seemed to mock me, showing it was 2 PM – just an hour before I was supposed to meet Roohi at the pet store. Yes, a damn pet store.

There are moments when I can't help but feel like Maggi, has officially declared Roohi as his sole parent, leaving me in the dust. I remember bringing that little rascal into our home. I fucking brought him in this palace.