27.

The Twenty Seventh Chapter

****

मेरे दिल के लिफाफे में
तेरा ख़त है जाणिया, तेरा ख़त है जाणिया
नाचीज़ ने कैसे पा ली, क़िस्मत ये जाणिया वे
तू नज़्म-नज़्म सा...

हीर नी मेरिये, हीर नी मेरिये
तुझको ही मैं चाहूँ
कोशिशाँ मैं करिए
तुझको भूल ना पाऊँ

****

"To love unconditionally is to wield a heart that fears the weight of its own vulnerability

"To love unconditionally is to wield a heart that fears the weight of its own vulnerability."

I never got the depth of this quote until she came into my life. When someone becomes your whole world, admiration turns into existence. 

Suddenly, fear creeps in – the fear of losing them, just the thought shakes you. It's strange how your heart chooses one day to tether itself to another stranger, making them the entire purpose of its beating. It's a paradox, they are both your strength and vulnerability.

As I look down at my chest, there she is – sprawled lazily on top of me. The white comforter barely conceals her naked body, a hint of her bare back peeking through. 

Her peaceful form, the gentle rise and fall of her breathing, makes my heart skip. Her hair, a tangled cascade of soft strands, frames a sleeping face that holds all the beauty of my world.

Everything about her captivates me – the curve of her cheek, the fluttering lashes, and the delicate vulnerability that makes me ache with the realization of how much I need her.

Wanting is just wishing, but needing is like the heartbeat of who you are, something you can't live without. Roohi is my need.

Running my fingers through her hair, I quietly thank the stars for our college collision that led me to surrender my heart and soul to her.

The realization hits that I should hit the gym, but the thought of leaving her alone in bed doesn't sit right. I know she puts on a tough facade, but underneath, she's sensitive, prone to overthinking, and cares deeply about everything.

Bhigi billi.

Carefully, I decide to wake her up.

My hands gently graze her hair as I lean in, planting soft kisses across her face. Starting with her forehead, I press my lips there against her soft skin.

Moving to her closed eyelids, I place delicate kisses, feeling the warmth beneath my lips. Next is her nose, a playful peck that makes her stir in her sleep. I then trail down to her cheeks, planting gentle kisses on each one.