37.

The Thirty- Seventh Chapter.

****

कैसे बताये क्यूँ तुझको चाहे, यारा बता न पाएं
बातें दिलों की, देखो जो बाकी, आँखें तुझे समझाए
तू जाने ना...
मिलके भी हम न मिले तुमसे न जाने क्यूँ
मीलों के है फासले तुमसे न जाने क्यूँ
अनजाने है सिलसिले तुमसे न जाने क्यूँ
सपने है पलकों तले तुमसे न जाने क्यूँ

****

[Where the comments at?]

We reached the palace twenty minutes late

Fuck you, Rudra!

You already did.

Shaking my head and fixing my disheveled hair once again, I saw Rudra opening the car door, helping me to step out with his assistance.

Such a gentleman, my patidev!

Yeah, I was limping again. Angry Rudra equals extremely horny Rudra. I was scared for the future—if we had a fight, he would likely devour me entirely.

With my arms now wrapped around his bicep, my entire weight leaning on him, we slowly made our way inside the palace. I prayed silently that things would go smoothly. I was trying to stay optimistic.

Walking into the hall, I noticed all the family members already seated.

And when I say all, I mean all.

Rajmata, Advay Chachu-sa, Nidhi Chachi-sa, Maa, Saana, Kushaal, Vaahi, Meera bhabhi-sa, and Bhai-sa. And then my eyes widened slightly as they glanced over to him—Rudra's biological father. He is barely home, so it's surprising honestly.

Bhai-sa's stern gaze bore into Rudra, his eyes flashing with a mixture of anger and disbelief.

"What took you guys so long to reach here?" he demanded, his tone sharp as he directed his question at us.

"Traffic," Rudra muttered under his breath, his reply curt and unapologetic.

Scoffing, Bhai-sa turned back to face the other family members, his frustration evident in his tense posture.

"Can someone explain what's going on?" Rajmata interjected, her voice calm yet tinged with concern as she addressed Vaahi.

"Uhm, yeah," Vaahi hesitated, her gaze shifting uncomfortably under the scrutiny of the room.

"Rudra wishes to quit the company and move out of the palace," Bhai-sa declared, his words ringing out with a sense of finality as he fixed Rudra with a piercing stare.