33.

The thirty-third chapter.

****

छमा छम नाच आझे
धमा धम ढ़ोल बाजे
नों स्टॉप हल्ला मचेगा
ओये नाचो सारे..

पपपपा पीपानी पे
आजा नया स्टेप सीखे
नों स्टॉप हल्ला मचेगा
ओये नाचो सारे
अपनी फेमस है रात वाली यारियां
जाने सारा जहां आ..

****

(You guys better comment ache se, or consider Rudra and Roohi in a sleep coma for a month

(You guys better comment ache se, or consider Rudra and Roohi in a sleep coma for a month.)

The palace buzzed with activity as preparations for the mangal paath were underway. Every corner echoed with hurried footsteps, and the air was filled with the scent of fresh flowers and incense. But amidst the hustle and bustle, I found myself lost in my own thoughts, searching for Rudra, who seemed to have vanished since morning.

Jab nazar milati hai uski yaadon se, [Irshaad, Irshaad]

Dil mera har pal, uska deewana rehta hai. [Waah, kya bola hai!]

( Translation- Whenever I meet her, lost in her memories,My heart, every moment, remains captivated by her.)

Consy ho gaya tumhara?

It was already 2 pm, and I hadn't caught a glimpse of him yet. He had woken up, exchanged a few words with his assistant, and dashed off to his office without so much as a word to me. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of annoyance. Why hadn't he even bothered to call me?

To add to my frustration, I hadn't eaten anything all day. The tradition dictated that married ladies fasted for the mangal paath, leaving me feeling unfairly singled out. Why should only we women have to fast? I thought to myself, wishing that men were asked to participate in the fast as well.

"Roohi!" Maa's voice broke through my reverie, pulling me back to reality. She stood before me with a frown, her eyes scanning my outfit disapprovingly.

"Ji maa," I responded, approaching her.

"What are you wearing, beta?" she asked, her brow furrowed. I glanced down at my beige kurti and pants, puzzled by her question.

"Clothes?" I replied, unsure of what she was getting at. But her reaction was immediate – a frustrated slap of her hand against her forehead.

"That I can see!" she exclaimed, exasperated. "Why are you wearing a kurti? Guests will start arriving any moment now, go change!" With a gentle nudge, she urged me to retreat and change my attire, leaving me to sigh in resignation.