45.

The Last Chapter

****

एहसास की जो ज़ुबान बन गए
दिल में मेरे मेहमान बन गए
आपकी तारीफ में क्या कहें
आप हमारी जान बन गए
आप हमारी जान बन गए
आप ही रब आप ईमान बन गए
आप हमारी जान बन गए

****

I woke up feeling excessively warm, prompting me to remove the blanket

I woke up feeling excessively warm, prompting me to remove the blanket. As the air hit my bare skin, I suddenly realized I was completely naked. Hastily, I pulled the blanket back up to cover myself. "Damn," I muttered under my breath.

Turning around, I noticed Rudra was missing, the bed empty. Where could he have gone so early?

Rubbing my groggy eyes, I unlocked my phone, but my eyes widened in disbelief as I saw the time—it was already 1 PM. Had I really been passed out the entire morning?

Puri raat toh soye nahi, sleep schedule naam ki chez suni hai?

As I rose from the bed, a wave of pain shot through my thighs, making me grimace. "Oh, I'm going to die," I muttered to myself, half-jokingly.

Glancing towards the tiny stool near the bed, my eyes fell on a white shirt. It was Rudra's shirt, neatly placed there with a note attached to it.

I picked up the shirt and read the note with a smile spreading across my face: "Good morning my beautiful wifey! I went out to get some fruits for us, please slowly walk downstairs and have the lunch I've prepared for you. I'll be back home soon and I'll bring some pain killers along with me just in case. Your most amazing and efficient husband, Rudra."

Slipping into his white shirt, the scent of his cologne hugging me, and some undergarments, I descended the stairs slowly, my hands tightly gripping the railing for support. With each step, the ache in my thighs made me internally cry. "I'm never having sex again," I muttered to myself.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I felt a heavy weight settle in my chest. This was it. We were done. Forever. No more sex.

I made my way to the living room where the open windows filled the space with sunlight and fresh air. Settling onto the sofa, I noticed a steel plate covered on the center table. I lifted the lid to reveal a serving of rajma chawal. A smile tugged at the corners of my lips. "I likey," I whispered to myself.

With Netflix playing on my phone, I adjusted it on the small remote stand nearby and settled in to watch "Bareilly ki Barfi" as I happily indulged in my rajma chawal. Honestly, it's such a cute movie.