23.

The twenty third chapter

****

तेरे ख़यालों में, बीते ये रातें
दिल मेरा मांगे एक ही दुआ
तू सामने हो, और करूँ मैं बातें
लम्हा रहे यूँ ठहरा हुआ
पहले तो, कभी यूँ
मुझको ना ऐसा कुछ हुआ
दीवानी लहरों को जैसे साहिल मिला

ओ, इक लड़की को देखा तो ऐसा लगा
इक लड़की को देखा तो ऐसा लगा

****

Yesterday, after the uhm

Yesterday, after the uhm.. office visit, things got complicated. Our marriage, previously a well-kept secret, got exposed to the media. Despite efforts by the Rajvansh PR Team to control the information, it went viral on social media.

Yes, it's gone viral! I'm talking news channels, every social platform – you name it!

Feeling overwhelmed, I sat on the bed scrolling through countless articles. The private details of our relationship were now public, and the constant stream of online attention left me in a mix of shock and vulnerability. It's so unusual.

At least we are trending right?

Right.

Rajvansh Dynasty's New Daughter-in-Law: Exclusive Insights into Her Background.

Marriage of Convenience? Experts Weigh In on the Bachelor Prince's Unexpected Union.

From Scandal to Secrecy: Who is she?

Internet's Latest Obsession: #RudraRoohi, the Royals Rewriting Romance Rules?

The weight of the day's events pressed on my shoulders as I gingerly stepped out of my room.

The dim glow from the hallway lights cast long shadows, reflecting my fatigue. The surreal feeling of having my face splashed across social media, courtesy of paparazzi, lingered in the air.

 Candid shots from yesterday's visit to his office, taken without permission, had found their way into the public eye with alarming speed. It was almost crazy.

A sigh escaped my lips as I glanced at the clock, 11 pm, and Rudra was predictably running late again. 

Turning my attention away from the thought of Rudra, I spotted Maggi sprawled comfortably on his bed, blissfully ignoring human existence. Aalsi (Lazy).

As I passed by Kushaal's room, the soft glow escaping from beneath his door hinted he was still awake.

I couldn't help but wonder why he was still awake at this late hour. The door stood slightly ajar, inviting me to peer inside.