48

May 1st 2023 -Flashcards

"You got this, think." I encourage. "I don't know it!" He exclaims in frustration. "Yes you do, think of the pens." I say

The lighting in here is blue bright and sterile making the room look dead. The repetitive beeping dings in my ears as the heart monitor tracks Massimo's heartbeat.

He's Alive.

After suffering two gunshot wounds to his gut that nearly took him out, he's alive.

After he got shot Vince and Roman took us to this place where apparently Massimo has a personal doctor. I mean once I got the water out of my lungs I was perfectly fine.

Massimo? He's been in a coma since that day. He hasn't woken up but every bit in me is trying to be positive because he is alive!

There's tubes all over him and the IV drip slowly drips into his veins. He lays on a comfortable king sized bed with his face so peaceful so calm.

His long lashes flutter his cheek.

This room. Is terrible and speaks Massimo on another level. His doctor is all cool and Mafia based his name is Helder. But this damn room.

Black everything from the sheets to the damn curtain. Everything in here looks like the inside of a coffin. If he was awake I know he'd love to see it.

"Cmon, T, Fourteen times Twenty-Two. Think of the pens." I say. Me and Artemis sit in the edge of the huge bed this entitled man lays in.

We're visiting him as we do everyday but at the same time we are working on my baby's math skills.

"Three-Hundred and Eight." He states. "Good job, baby!" I praise.

"Thirty three times thirty." I say. "Nine Hundred and ninety." He states more confidently. "Good!"

"One-thousand and thirty four times fifty." I put out a challenging one. "Uhh.." he ponders. "I don't know." He admits.

"Yes you do, cmon." I encourage.

"No, I don't know."

"Fifty one thousand and seven hundred." A third raspy crisp voice joined the party.

I whip my head up. Massimo smiles back at me slyly. "Oh shit." I gasp. "He woke up!" My son exclaims in excitement. "I'm gonna get the doctor guy." He hops off the bed and runs out the run in excitement.