04

Sept, 7th, 2022 (Ten years later)
- First Day

I've always liked the feeling you get when you're sleeping, which is no feeling at all

I've always liked the feeling you get when you're sleeping, which is no feeling at all. It's like a break from the world which is nice to have at times.

You know what's the worst thing?

When that feeling is over.

What's even worse?

When the feeling is ended by a fucking unpleasant blairing alarming sound that comes for a small box filled with metals and has a screen on it.

Groaning, I lift the heavy white duvet off my face only to be met with an insane amount of hair in my face. Where is my stinkin 'bonnet? I push my Box braids back behind me and grab the phone on my nightstand and turn off the terribly nostalgic sound before spotting the black silky bonnet on the floor beside my bed.

I'm almost certain it grows legs at night and runs away from me.

Now that the sound was gone I sighed in relief before putting my phone somewhere onto the bed and returning to my sleep.

"MA!!" My child's voice was heard running towards my room. Nevermind.

I groan and bury my head into my pillow. "MAMA I NEED YOU!" he called out again. Sighing I pry myself out of my bed, that I cannot ignore.''I'm coming, T. '' I said groggily, rubbing my eyes trying to clear my vision.

During the process I trip over one of the many boxes on my new bedroom floor. The unhuman pain that came from my stubbed toe made me grab my foot without a second thought to try and comfort myself.

''MA!" He begins to squeal. "I SAID I WAS COMING!" I hastily reply.because of the excruciating pain i was much more alert now. Making my way into my son's room I dodge all the heavy boxes on the floor in the hallway until I finally made it.

I lean on the doorframe of his room. "What's the matter?" I ask yawning. His little body is going crazy digging up his boxes. In his Avengers pajamas and the bright blue bonnet that followed him on his head, he looked quite funny.

"I can't find my uniform! I looked everywhere, you didn't pack it! You left it in texas!" he begins to mumble and panic searching through all his boxes in his room. I rolled my eyes at my little brat.

I can't possibly leave a uniform for a new york school in texas, especially if i bought the uniform in new york, but he's ten he doesn't know any better. Walking around his boxes of toys and clothes I opened his closet to be met with the very gray and burgundy uniform he was so sure I had lost.

I take it and throw it onto his unmade bed. He sighs of relief giving me that look of gratitude, piercing me with his big blue eyes, the sun that shines from his window kissing his honey brown skin.