18

Oct 29th, 2022 -Decades

"See? Are you satisfied?" I raise a brow

"See? Are you satisfied?" I raise a brow. "Oh, bare with me, massi, I just wanted to see it." She hits me on the chest.

That stupid nickname is sticking.

"Happy with what you see?"

"Very." We're supposed to be on a date but she just had to see the boy's party. I'll admit verona did a good job decorating this hall. She planned it all out of course.

The orange and black decorations with the little finger foods, led lights,disco balls and the whole private school attending.

It's revolting.

Absolutely disgusting.

Just little children dressed up like demons running around doing fornite emotes, i hate it. I hate kids. Well.. maybe except for one.

"He looks so cute!" She exclaimed, holding her hands together. She's so beautiful. Her evil spawn skips over in his Miles Morales spider man costume.

I'll never admit it but he has the best costume here. The red and black suit and jordans with a black zipped down hoodie.

"Hey ma, what are you doing here!" He shouts over the music. "I just wanted to see how things were going!" She says happily.

"Oh.!" He smiles sarcastically. He leans over to me motioning for me to bend down. I do so. "She's smothering again. You were supposed to keep her away." He whispers in my ear.

"The woman wants what she wants, kid. I'm weak to her." I whisper back. "Clearly, you were supposed to be on a date, not here. You suck at this." So judgemental.

Yes did we plan this out? Artemis gets a break from his mom and i get more of her. But, she wants to go wherever she wanrs to go and i want to take her there.

"I suck? Where's Aaron, hm?" I tease. His face drops and he turns his head to the corner of the hall. I turn to see what he is looking at.

The same grey eyed brown haired little boy from the principals office in the corner couped up with two blonde girls. The girls hang on either side of him giving him repeatitive kisses on the cheek.

Weird.
My heart does something weird.

"Are you sure that's not the twin?" I ask. He nods no, "Carter's hair is shorter and lighter." Also weird.

I pat him on the head, forehead. I can never touch the hair of course. "There's many other boys, kid." I sigh.

"I already told you i'm not gay, just go." He says sadly before hugging his mom and disappearing into the crowd.

Did I just witness his first heartbreak? I need to get better at this parenting shit.

I take Alexandra's hand and walk her out of here. We exit the hall together , "I'm glad you guys are getting along." She smiles at me. "Me too." I say. Even though I feel unaccomplished and like an asshole.