22

Dec 12th 2022 - Telephone game

I sip the coffee in my mug before resting it on my glass desk

I sip the coffee in my mug before resting it on my glass desk. I tap my medium square milky white acrylics on the mug as I stare intensely at the laptop.

"This one looks nice. In your price range." Mrs.Thompson says as she leans over my shoulder. "No, Massimo said It needs to have a gym.. and there isn't a price range, he's filthy rich."

I click off the picture of the specific house and take me back to the main website with all the other houses. I'm house searching because

1: I fired Mara and this would usually be her task.

2: Massimo is sick of being a City boy I guess which makes no sense because we live in New York CITY yet somehow he requests a huge mega Mansion in the middle of nowhere with an office and gym.

Not to mention there needs to be one singular floor with only two bedrooms and two bathrooms because no one needs to ever see the floor that we and Artemis sleep on. Ridiculous.

Just ridiculous. "Well, technically You're both filthy rich since you're married, dear." She says.

I finally told her I was married and she was so surprised. Imagine her face when I told her our eleventh anniversary is in five months.

"Right. Married." I groan "to a man baby." I whisper clicking on another house."

"Honey, you need to stop pretending that you aren't fond of your man baby." Mrs.Thompson smirks slyly.

"Im not at the moment." I say clicking off the house that didn't have a floor with only two bedrooms. Me and Mrs.Thompson's head whips up the second my office phone rings.

I pick up the telephone from the receiver. "Make it quick, Make it fast, or ill hang up on your ass." I say with a smile and chirpy voice.

"I hope that's not how you answer my employees." Massimo's voice rumbles throughout the phone. "What can I do for you, Mr.Moretti?" I say in a silky tone.

"I need to see you in my office." He says. "Right now?" I ask. "Right now." He confirms. I sigh and put the phone back on the receiver.

"You can take a lunch break Mrs.Thompson." I smile. "Okay, dear. Ill get you lunch on the way back." She smiles before leaving my office.  I sip my Coffee again before sighing and standing up.

I swear if this was another house request I was gonna punch him.

My black red bottom heels click against the tiled floor as I make my way to his office which is right next to mine because he just can't get enough of me. I don't knock or wait for him to open the door as I let myself in.

I close the big black and extra doors behind me and straighten my black Pencil skirt. "How can I help you?" I say parching a hand on my hip.

He sits around his own desk with his chair pushed back and  his full black sleek suit. He motions me to come closer to him and I do.