38

Feb 14th 2023 - Did I Do That?

"Almost done, hun?" Mrs. Thompson asks. "Yes just going to print it off.  I say finishing up the typing of my report. I've gathered Moretti corp's PR team yesterday to come up with the next marketing project.

Moretti Corp is launching a water bottle brand and unfortunately It s my job to make sure everything is absolutely perfect.

So we came up with a few ideas for the model, design and brand because that's my job and now the only thing left to do is present the proposal to my boss so he can approve it.

Which he will because he is the one dicking me down every night may I add.

"I was actually going to call you before I came in but I was wondering if I could take today off to spend time with my husband." Mrs. Thompson asks. I frown.

"Is it his birthday?" I ask. "No, Ma'am we're celebrating Valentines day." She confirms. I pick up my phone very quickly and check the date.

February 14th stares back at me.

Hm.

"Oh! Yea sure, see you tomorrow." I say. "Oh thank you, dear!" She gushes. Mrs. Thompson gathers her things and leaves as I continue to prepare my report.

Time really goes by fast. Sometimes I forget about Valentines day being a thing because I never really celebrate it.

I print out my report even out the papers on the desk and staple it correctly. When satisfied I made my way to Massimo's office to see the office door closed.

I turned the handle because I'm not going to knock but the door was also locked.

That wasn't usual.

He always keep his door opened if he can and if it wasn't it just meant he was doing something important in there, regardless it would never be locked.

Yea this can't be right. I try to open the door again for some reason.

"Alexandra." A voice from behind me projects. I turn on my heel. "Massimo?"

Unlike anything I've ever seen He's wearing a black tee shirt and jeans in the office. His hair isn't gelled like it usually is when he works and he's wearing combat boots.

I frown trying to make sense of what's happening.

"Why are you working?" He asks like I'm the crazy one. "Because it's a work day? Why aren't you working?" I ask. "Because it's Valentines day." He states. "I don't see your point, It's still a work day."

"What's in your hand?" He asks. I hold up the report. "Its for you. I need you to approve the marketing idea for the water bottle brand launch."

He sighs and mumbles some Italian very lowly pulling keys out of his pocket. He closes the space between us when going to unlock the door and I don't move away.