30

-You Just Happened To Be There

Snow coats my lashes as I step inside the new house

Snow coats my lashes as I step inside the new house. I didn't like it, Its cold. I missed the penthouse apartment we used to live in, it has the good memories.

It seems like ever since we moved here things have gone bad.

"Here we are! Nice and warm." Austin thick accent buzzes in my ears as I take off my coat. I don't answer him. Its a whole two minute walk to get out of the foyer to find the stair case.

My mom has been working on making this house seem nice for what feels like forever. Smell of paint chemicals rattle my nose, opened boxes litter the floors. I move on up to my room.

"You always think you know better than anyone! You. Don't. Know. Best!" I hear my mother's voice exclaim as I walk to the stairs. "Fuck, you think you know better then? Tell me!" Massimo's voice shouts back.

He was here? Busy doing what? Yelling? Too busy to remember to pick me up. "Don't fucking swear at me!"Every single day Its the same argument, same fight. I have to wonder If they're tired.

A pen from my backpack accidentally falls onto the tile floors making a loud echo, both their heads snap towards me. "T?" My moms voice softens.

When I look at her she's wearing a black skin tight long seeve and mom jeans paired with sneakers and her straightened hair in a bun with two strands peaking out.

"You're home already I didn't see you." She smiles like I didn't just hear all of that. Massimo wears all what he usually wears a suit just with a blue tie this time. "Yea." I say quietly.

"You should go get a change of clothes and come down, we have something we want to show you." Massimo's jaw clenches as his tongue pokes the inside of his cheek. He look like he was silently protesting. "Okay."

I changed into a white tee and sweatpants with airforces and met the two downstairs. They surprisingly stopped fighting They stood two meters apart from each other in complete silence. "Im dressed." I announce my presence as I approach them closer.

My mom looks at Massimo with a pleading face but he doesn't look back at her only straight ahead to me. They silently lead me outside the house into the backyard.

It was freezing because I Didn't bother to put on my coat. All three of us walk on the path lightly covered in snow leading to the smaller second house on our property.

Massimo opens the door with some complicated keypad and we all walk into a chaotic mess of a house, there were clothes everywhere along with food and random items it was disgusting.

The only clean part was the kitchen filled with pink appliances. We go to a door thats locked with all sorts of complicated keypads.

"T, um" my mom starts. "Your.... He's in there." She points to the heavily locked door. I immediately knew what she was talking about. "What?" I inhale.