19

Oct  31st, 2022 -Mamas Man

"What is that?" T asks. His voice fainted over the radio "I ain't worried" by OneRepublic playing. I turned down the radio a little bit.

I frown at the pumpkin in front of me. "A ghost!" I exclaim. "You sure?" He raises a brow. "Yea, see that's the body," I pointed at my design on the pumpkin with the carving knife.

"The head, the eyes, the face." I explain myself by placing the knife down on the island. He sits on an island table crisscrossed with his carving knife in his hands and his pumpkin design facing away from me.

His spiderman mask hangs around his neck and the costume sleeves rolled up. Why is he sitting on the table? Only God knows. I feel like he thinks he's actually spiderman.

We're carving pumpkins like we do every year.

"Ok let's see what you got then!" I cross my arms. He turns his pumpkin towards me showing a beautiful display of a witch. I throw my head back and hit the fridge. "I raised a talented genius." I groan, he giggles.

"You could do so much better, mama." He teases. "That looks nothing like a ghost." He points at my pumpkin. "Okay." I sigh before moving mine in the trash.

"Well i'm gonna go get a light to put in yours and when you come back from trick or treating we can plant one of the pumpkin seeds and see how long it takes you to kill the plant this year." I say opening the oven.

"Hey, It wasn't even my fault last year, It died by itself!" He exclaims. I check the pumpkin pie I put in the oven while carving the pumpkin. "The pie is almost done." I will clarify.

And I thank the good lords for my love of baking as a teenager, the house smells good. "Best part about halloween and i'm not kidding." T says as I close the oven.

I chuckle and leave to the stairs. I remembered ordering lights from amazon and putting them away in my room, now to just get them.

I pass by the full body mirror I basically forced Massimo to install last week and overlook my outfit.

Dark green and black cleats with knee-high white black striped socks. An oversized black football jersey with the white number 4 on it, black paint wiped across both my cheeks and my hair in a swoop slick back high pony. I look fucking hot.

I nearly squealed like a little girl before going to the dresser where I store all my amazon finds. I bent over to rummage for it for a good while and finally found it.

Red,white and purple pumpkin lights. I shot up holding the lights in my hand and my back hit something in the process. And that something grabs my waist, I nearly yelp.

"Do you know how hard it is not to fuck you every two minutes?" He asks rhetorically. He pulls me closer by the waist pressing me on his crotch and I believe him.