28

- Always

I look at the steamed string beans, mashed potatoes and steak on my plate

A part of me is glad to have my staff back while the other part is mad I'm not indulging Alexandra's cooking.

I cut into my steak welcoming the silence around the table only hearing the clattering of the plates.

I look up from my plate to see my wife across from me wearing Classic converses,a white long sleeve over a ACDC graphic black t-shirt, pearl drop earrings and her thick black hair sleek and straight. 

I nearly dropped my fork. I've never seen her like this before, besides from the braids she recently had I've only seen her hair in her natural state. Nonetheless she looks beautiful, every change she ever makes is beautiful to me. It enthralled me to see every detailed change she made.

She picks up her wine glass before swirling it around and taking a long sip maintaining eye contact with me. "Uh oh." Artemis mumbles taking in the tense air.

Everything with Alexandra is a double meaning message nowadays. The way she sets her glass down on the table and proceeds to eat her food without breaking eye contact is one of them. She was angry. Annoyed maybe.

This week has been hell and suffering with all the fighting we've been doing and It all comes down to one man, Jordan Johnson. The very same man I will be relentless tormenting when the time comes.

My judgment just can't let him go yet, That's too easy. I wanna starve him, weaken him , make him suffer then I want to torture him until he cries for his mother. But with the possibility of Artemis meeting him, I couldn't do all that yet.

I was still unsure if that was going to happen either way. My phone buzzes from my jacket pocket and I set down my utensils to fish it out. Vincenzo: He's awake.

I stare at the message before placing my phone back into my pocket again then I rise from the table all together barely touching my food.

When I exit the freshly matte black painted dining room doors the moment they close behind me they open again. "Hell no, Massimo stop." her little affirmative voice calls behind me.

"I'm not in a mood to pick a fight with you." I say as I continue walking with my back turned to her. Her little hand grabs my arm and pulls me towards her, to save her embarrassment I turn even though she wasn't strong enough to move me.

I'm faced with her furious brown eyes and etched eyebrows as much as it annoys me it equally turns me on.

"You call yourself a man?!" she asks before hitting my chest. It's the first time she's ever put her hands on me and I was disturbed that I liked it.

"What you say goes and no one should question you?!" she exclaims pushing me again.

" You think you're cool coming in and not even acknowledging my existence and then leave?!" she resorts to hitting me a bit harder now, my jaw clenches.