17

Oct  15th, 2022 - Influential

A/N: SUPER SORRY FOR THE DELAYED POST!!! I had a birthday (Feb 14th im 16 now or wtv🙄💅) um i have a new bf, assignment after assignment and all my friends hate me so..

‼️‼️WARNING‼️‼️
One of the characters in this chapter says a racial slur. The character is black and me myself, the author is also black so just clarifying before anyone gets offended.

 The character is black and me myself, the author is also black so just clarifying before anyone gets offended

"What do you want to do with your hair today, hm?" I ask my kid as I lather the mielle product in his curls. "I like how yours looks.. Can I do that?" He asks.

A wide smile spreads across my face. It's been two weeks since I let my natural hair out for the first time in years and Artemis has been trying to get used to it.

My child looks at me in awe once he sees my afro. I never knew something could be so influential to him and honestly I'm super proud of myself.

I'm having such a young mom moment right now.

"Of course baby." I smile and oil his ends before getting out the blow dryer and the defuser. I get to blow dry and his hair gains more volume than i've ever seen before, he's so cute!

Usually we do a man bun or cornrows but this is definitely a great new thing. I fluff out his hair when I'm fully done and turn him to the mirror "you like it?" I ask.

He lets out a satisfying laugh "I look like you, ma!" I kiss him on the cheek. "You look like a king." I state.

"Artemis, You're late." A third voice joins the party. T groans. "Why does he always act like he isn't excited to see us everyday. I can practically see his tail wagging." He says only loud enough for me to hear

and honestly I could ask the same thing. Massimo is extremely clingy towards us both and that is clear. Although we don't mind, he has a hard time admitting it.

He now drives T to school everyday and me to work . "I'm coming." He groans as he picks up his burgundy backpack and spiderman umbrella since it's raining today.

"I like your hair." Massimo states simply. "Yea it always looks good when my mom does it." T replies unfazed. "I bet it does." Massimo says as he fixes his collared uniform jacket.

"One day I'm going to get tattoos like you." T says looking at his tattoo hand poking out of massimo's suit. "You?" Massimo scowls jokingly "you couldn't handle pain like that."

"Don't tell me what I can handle, let's go." T replies, elbowing him in his side. He pretends to be hurt but all three of us know he isn't.

T walks out the bedroom and I assume he goes to the garage.

"He's so mean to me." He mumbles grumpily "aww poor baby." I open my arms out for a hug. He moseys over to me and slumps his head down onto my shoulder.