47

I Smile Weakly

I Smile Weakly. She returns the favour and graces me with a smile of her own. Showing her pearly whites illuminated by the blue light of the pool water.

How incredibly unlucky do I have to be to find someone like her just as I was dying? "You seem like a great swimmer." She says smiling widely. "Correct, Mia Bella."

I nod affirmingly keeping my head above water. She swims close to the shallow end barely treading water. She can't swim.

And she confirms just as I was thinking. "I can't swim very well, you know." She says biting her lip free from that smile

Absolute Angel.

Everything about her slick wet coily hair and her light blue bra with her deep rich skin that looks softer than ever. An absolute angel.

I don't say anything more. Instead I turn my back towards her and guide her hands to my shoulders supporting her on my back which she gladly takes the opportunity.

I swim around with her on my back dragging her along with me, enjoying the water.

April 22nd, 2023 - MINE.

The three of us waltz into the house I used to call my home as if we lived there. Should've known my father would have such shit security because no one seemed to bat an eye when we walked in.

We were armed and backed up with soldiers and men to take this fight tonight. Yet not a single soul bat an eye.

"Vincenzo go find the girls and then Dominico, leave him for me."
"Got it capo." He says.

Roman go and  set off a warning bomb to notify everyone we are here and pack every nook and cranny with one for when we leave. Im setting this place to flames."

"Got it capo." Roman says leaving my side."

"Wait, what are you going to do?" Vincenzo asks. "What I should've done years ago."

"Im going to kill my father again and this time make sure he is dead." I say. Vincenzo nods and leaves my side as well.

I cock my gun ready to find the man himself. Then I find the living room, it was kept just the same as when I lived in it. Such a shame i was going to burn it.

I sit on the couch and light up a cigarette on it, burning holes into a fabric in between my inhales.

My father made a mistake with me on this one. He should know better that I don't play about what is mine.

I felt calm knowing I was walking out with my wife and sister tonight.

As I take up space on the sofa I notice how everything in this perfect white fenced house looked the same.