20

Nov 1st 2022 - Caretaker

I kept my promise. I came back in time to wake up next to her. Only slight problem is that she isn't here.

I stare at my empty made up bed in frustration knowing I won't be able to sleep on my own. It's only been around three months since we've been sleeping in the same bed and I've grown heavily attached.

I won't even try sleeping on my own, I won't. Instead I pull out my phone and stare at the text from lucia again trying to wipe away the words on the screen.

Verona: Me and alex are going out and being sexy tonight.

Verona: Yes, we have all the gaurds surrounding us. No, we don't need you to show up here.

Verona: Please do not show up.

I look at the pictures sent under it with all timestamps an hour apart. Each time they both pose together with new drinks in their hands and each time gradually more blurry, messy and wobbly.

I want to crush my phone.

I can't help it i'm feigning to touch her and she's out partying. All I can do is stand there looking at the made bed until I hear the door downstairs open. I basically teleport to the main floor.

"Shh don't wake him up he's gonna be mad." Verona whispers really loudly.
"Okay tiptoes." Alexandra slurs. The basically stomp into the living room giggling.

I sigh internally so hard before going to the guest bathroom to grab a complimentary blanket and baby wipes. I walk closer to them.

"Both of you sit, now." Their heads whip towards me, they hold each other as crutches yet they still can barely stand. "Uh oh." Verona mutters. They both plop on the couch and stare at me like ashamed children.

They should be ashamed Im pissed they drove back here like this. I pace the items on the coffee table in front of the couch And head to the kitchen where I grab a bag of Artemis's sandwich bread and two water bottles.

I give a water bottle to Alexandra and the bag of bread while putting the other down. "Eat, drink." "But im not hungr-"

"Eat the bread and drink the water." I say more sternly. She frowns and pulls open the water. "Okay daddy." My eyes nearly fall out of my head.

I look at her trying to understand what just happened, they both start laughing. "Ewww." Verona coos. "I said that out loud?" Alexandra laughs. "You did! You're so crazy." Verona nods.

I push the water bottle to her mouth and shake my head. I pull out a baby wipe from the package, grab the back of verona's head and repeatedly rub the wipe variously against her face. She mumbles a few curse words under the wipe but I can't care enough.