16

-Not so bad

I open the front door and let the kid in first

I open the front door and let the kid in first. He walks in happily with his book bag weighing him down and his foot-long subway sandwich in his hand.

Brat.

He runs to the kitchen island and drops his book bag to the floor before taking off the wrapping paper of his subway sandwich and ending it around the island as I close the door.

I watched for a few seconds as he ate it. I knew he had a thing for sandwiches but I didn't know it was to this extent.

it was the most I've seen him eat since he got here. My eyebrows furrowed as I thought long and hard, compared to now he has never eaten like that and if his appetite was this big then he wasn't meeting it daily.

Mara walks by me with a strut before I quickly stop her. "Hello, boss." she smiles brightly "Everything that makes that little boy's sandwich I want in my kitchen by tonight." I demanded her in a strict voice.

"Yes sir." her smile quickly alters. "In bulk too." I say before I walk up the stairs. I entered my soundproof office in a relief, there were no more distractions from my work anymore.

After sitting behind my desk I dial Dominico waiting very little time before he picks up. "Do you know who the hits are coming from? Did we find francesco?" I ask the first thing.

"Sorry boss, I'm still working on it. But one thing is clear, there's another problem. A hacker is someone trying to destroy your other properties with explosive devices. and it's not from any mafia."

he informs. "Meaning?" I wait for him to elaborate. "These bombs, they're homemade, nothing like i've seen before, this is a one man job." Dominico says.

"One man job..?" I draw out angrily. "Yep, one smart fucker. Don't worry I'll find him and kill him, boss." he assures me.

"Don't even bother, when you find him, bring him to me. I want to kill him with my own hands."

"Yes, Boss." he says before I hang up the phone. Sighing I decided to do some more paperwork regarding the shipments and alliances but all I could think about is Alexandra.

I dropped my pen and cursed myself for letting her poison my damn mind. I haven't seen her all day and I would never say it out loud but I miss her. So I dialed her.

"Hello?" her voice flows through my phone making me immediately untense. "Hi." I said softly.

"Massimo?!" she says in a playful high-pitched voice. "Alexandra," I said in the same rhythm but in my regular voice.

"What's up?" she asks, popping the 'p' "how's my baby?"

"I'm very stressed and bored without you." I admit. "Not you, smart ass." she scoffs playfully .