15

Oct  1st, 2022 - Seriously bonding.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and rub my eyes

I pinch the bridge of my nose and rub my eyes. I run my fingers through my bedhead and slowly peel my eyes open. I nearly fell off the bed and hit my head on the bed frame when startled by Verona's ugly face.

"Morning!" she beams. "It's three in the afternoon." I deadpan recalled the nap I was trying to take.

"You say tomato, I say potato."

"I say go the fuck away."

"Anyways it's time to get up." she shrugs then moves out of my line of sight. I sit up straight in my bed and look at the empty left side of it. Alexandra had gone to quote on quote 'complete wash day.'

and left me before I could ask what that meant. She's been gone for a long time. I get up and straighten out my clothes before leaving the room and having Verona follow me.

"Don't you have school?" I ask. Verona is a part-time student at Juilliard. Shes whimsical as fuck and her acting is good enough to convince me and piss me off. I think she's adopted.

"I just got back. I wanted to talk about something." she says. "Did you find out about this weird uncle?" I raise a brow. "Uhh, no." 

It's been a few days since I've found out about my weird uncle and I still haven't found him. I'd like to say I'm not pissed about it but I am. "Is there something wrong with Moretti corp?"

"Of course not." she exclaims. "Then I don't care." I state simply. "C'mon! It's about T!" She protests, grabbing my arm.

"Artemis needs something?" I turned to her. "Duh! Look at how you just melt at the mention of his name." she squeals and I sigh.

"What is it?"

"He wants to throw a halloween party." she smiles showcasing the dimples. I give her a glare.

"Listen! LISTEN. He's been having a hard time fitting in at school and he wants to impress the students and watch his enemy fail. He told me!" she explains.

"Enemy?"

"yea some little boy. Apparently they don't get along too well and he wants this party to be better than him and such."

she can not be talking about Aaron.
"Such a romantic." I mumble to myself.

"What?"

"You can throw him a party just not here, this is a safe place. "OH THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU!" She squeals again.

I decide I need another nap to recover the pang in my ears or something. "Whatever, Verona, I have work to do." I dismissed her and began climbing up my stairs.

"It's almost 4." She gives me a suspicious look. "Shut up." I ignore her and begin to walk again. "Aren't you forgetting something?" She taunts.

"What?" I sigh. "You have to go get Artemis from the school bus." She says as if I was supposed to know that. I had no instructions to get this kid at all. "Where is Alexandra?" I groan.