42

- Chewed Out

"Incoming face time call from: Lilia, Soccer Ball Emoji" the Siri voice reads from my iPad

"Incoming face time call from: Lilia, Soccer Ball Emoji" the Siri voice reads from my iPad. I groan and answer it.

Lilia takes over my iPad screen. She sits in her bedroom gaming chair with her hair damp in a black Minecraft tee shirt. "What?" I answer.

"Well, hello to you too." She replies Sarcastically. Another voice from her side of the call.

"أنا لست جائعا بعد!" She replies to the other voice. She turns to me."Hop on Fortnite!" She says excitedly.

"Lilia. I can't play right now." I sigh moving to continue tuning my violin. "Aaaaannnd why not?" She asks flopping her X-box controller in her right hand.

"Because I have to practice my instrument." I says.

"Which instrument?"
"All instruments!" I exclaim.

"Oh! I see what this is about." Lilia exclaims. "Your only practicing because Aaron KC took your spot in number one in orchestra!" She smirks.

I narrow my eyes. "Nuh uh!"

"Uh.. Yuh Huh!" Lilia mocks me.

Every subject is ranked in my school.
Math, science, sports and Music. Im usually always in the top ten regardless but where as orchestra in the music department was concerned I was first. Whatever Aaron was it wasnt first, it was me.

All of a sudden apparently he's so good at piano now he has surpassed the list and knocked me off my spot.

But I didn't care.

"I didn't take you as a person to care about that sort of stuff." Lilia rolls her eyes. "Im not!" I say defensively.

She gives me a stern stare. "I'm not! I don't even care. Congratulations to him." I convince myself more than her.

"Ok great so that means you can put the instruments down and play Fortnite with me." She smiles widely while waving the controller around.

I stare at her longingly. Then I sigh. "Okay I do care. I care so badly!" I exclaim.

Lilia shrugs. "I hadn't noticed." She says sarcastically. "It just that it took me so long to get to that spot and he just took it!"

"You've only been going here for eight
Or nine months." She says. "Which is a long time to get to number one."

"You want me to be honest, T?" Lilia starts. "No."

"Too bad! You are incredibly talented at what you do, but so is Aaron." She says. "You are great at the violin, amongst other things and instruments I can't name."

"And Aaron is also great at what he does. He plays the electric guitar like he was born a rockstar."

"That's such an amateur instrument." I mumble. "Regardless you both are really talented so don't be surprised if he surpasses you on the score sometimes!"