29

January 9th 2023 -Ironic

"Dramatic Irony. When the audience knows something the characters don't." Ms.Blade, my English teacher,speaks louder over the talking students to make herself herd.

The whole class quiets down. "The audience knows Juliette is planning on killing herself but Romeo does not." Ms. Blade continues with her lesson.

I loosen my tie a bit watching the clock for lunch to start. It was sandwich day today and I was edger to eat it. I watch each tick with the clock until the bell rings.

I walked out of the classroom faster than the teacher could say the word Irony for the thousand time. "T!" Lilia makes me jolt in surprise mid-walk she meets me in the hallway immediately and it just makes me wonder If she ever goes to class at all.

She wears the button up long sleeve white shirt with the school tie, her skirt with black tights underneath and her hair up in a ponytail as usual. "Hey, lil." I sigh as I continue to walk fast paste to the cafeteria.

"Are you going to the winter dance? I am but I just have a slight problem, I don't know who to ask. Bummy, I know." She starts. "There's a winter dance?"

"Uh YES!? The whole school is having one but different days for different levels I guess which sucks because I so would've asked Bryan."  She rambles.

"Bryan? The one in ninth grade?" I raise my brow. "Yes." she smiles. "You're only twelve thats too young for him." I shake my head.

"T, I am totally becoming woman. Girls mature faster than boys and my boobs should be coming in any time now. Im tan, athletic and probably the only red head who can stand in the sun without burning alive. Bryan so wants me."  She sasses.

Lilia is indeed unique looking in the best way, its not everyday you see a red-headed Arabic girl without the pale skin.

I see the cafeteria and I nearly shout for joy. I could almost touch the entrance before Lilia pulls me back and grips me closer to her. "Look! There he is!" She whisper-shouts pointing to Bryan.

Because me and Lilia were in the middle school division at  weildbridge It wasn't uncommon for us to see the Weildbridge high school students.

Sometimes they'd pass throught the hallways of our division but it was rare since Weildbridge gave 9-12 students a whole different building on the property while pre-k to 8 stays in this one.

But there was, that bryan guy standing by the staircase and I could care less. "Isn't he beautiful, T?"

"Can't you just ask Carter to the dance? He's like, obsessed with you. " I groan. "Please. No more carter talk, he already askes me to the dance four times." She puts her hand up in disgust.