21

- Artemis

"Happy birthday to you

"Happy birthday to you.." I stir in my bed. "Happy birthday to you.!" I open my eyes slowly and groan being met with blurred vision.

I almost think I'm imagining it but I blink again and see Massimo holding a Cinnamon roll on a plate with a candle in it. "Happy birthday Dear,

Artemis"
"Teeee-eee"

they both use two different names. Massimo never uses my nickname, always so formal with him. I rub my eyes.

Massimo stands by my bed in his normal work suit with the plate and A spiderman party hat. My mom stands beside him in an oversized black tee shirt, her hair messy as ever, party hat over it and big black sunglasses on her face.

"Happy birthday to you!" They finally finish the song and I sit up still my eyes adjust to the light. I read somewhere Blue eyes don't react as easily to the sun as brown eyes do. If that's true then I want eyes brown like my mom, screw blue eyes.

I wish I looked a lot more like my mom, she's beautiful...And then Massimo is there..

"thank you!" I croak finally getting a clearer view. Massimo holds the cinnamon roll towards me. I wished to grow into my mom's features more then I blow out the candle.

"Oh, my baby." My mom sits on my bed and starts smooching and kissing my cheeks. "11!" She says quietly. "Why do you have glasses on?" I ask.

"Baby, let's just say I celebrated my 11th anniversary of my giving birth event a bit early." She nods while basically whispering. She's not loud like she usually is.

"Okay. Go on and get dressed so I can take you to school." Massimo says as he snaps the party hat off, I knew she forced him to wear it.

"Right and when you come back everyone will be here and you can decide what we do next, okay?" My mom smiles. "Okay, ma." I smile back.

"I got you something." She says before pulling out a small black box from thin air and opening it. It revealed two mini Violin Pandora charms.

More charms for our matching bracelet. "Oh that's so cool!" I say in a groggy voice.

She puts my tiny violin on my bracelet then i put the other on hers. "Did you know a tiny violin symbolizes little to no sympathy?" I ask.

"Then I guess you'll be reminded when you have little to no sympathy with the charm. Hurry Massimo is probably waiting on you." She says and I finally notice he left. My mom tries to too.