(1): The Evil Spirit's Sacrifice

"My lord, new sacrifices have been sent.

Before his consciousness was fully awake, Jiang Tang heard this sentence coming to his ears. He opened his eyes and quickly took in the surrounding scenery.

The antique palace is flanked by bookshelves that are almost as high as the ceiling. There are scary ghost sculptures inlaid between the wooden bookshelves. The palace is very tidy, but it has a dark and gloomy feel.

Jiang Tang narrowed his eyes slightly, and his gaze fell on the long table in front of him.

There are two stacks of documents on the long brown table. A slender soft pen is placed on the edge of the inkstone. Next to it is a half-written document.

The chaotic fog in his mind dissipated, and Jiang Tang's thoughts gradually became clear, allowing him to understand the current situation.

Jiang Tang was bound to a system calling himself '233', saying that he had died unexpectedly and would be given a chance to be reborn after completing a series of rescue missions.

And this is his first mission world.

After Xu didn't wait for a response for a long time, the voice just now sounded again: "Your Majesty, do you need to accept the sacrifice now?

The door of the main hall was closed tightly, and the sound came from outside the hall door.

Jiang Tang thought for less than a second and replied: "Bring it up.

At the same time, a childish voice sounded in his mind: [The current world information is about to be received, please prepare the host. 】

A huge amount of information was stuffed into his mind. Jiang Tang frowned in discomfort and raised his hand to press the swollen corners of his eyebrows.

This is a world where people can become spirits after the founding of the People's Republic of China, where humans and ghosts coexist, but most people cannot see ghosts and spirits and cannot know of their existence.

Jiang Tang's mission target is named Song Xuan, who is the adopted son of Song Qingzhou, the second master of the Song family, a family of metaphysics.

Everyone said that Song Xuan saved Bodhisattva in his previous life, and he could become the lucky one chosen by the Song family in this life. But Song Xuan knew very well that the Song family had other motives for adopting him.

Different from the appearance, the Song family secretly worships an evil spirit. The evil spirit protects the Song family's prosperity and wealth, and the Song family sends sacrifices to the evil spirit every year.

Song Xuan's identity, to put it nicely, is the adopted son of the Song family, but in reality he is a 'quasi-sacrifice' to evil spirits.

The Song family raised Song Xuan, just waiting for the day when Song Xuan became an adult and offered him as the 'most perfect sacrifice' to the evil spirits.

It's like an animal being kept in captivity for slaughter.

Jiang Tang cleared his mind and asked: [So my mission is to save Song Xuan from the evil spirit? 】

233 tried to be tactful but failed: [No, you are the evil spirit. 】

A question mark slowly appeared on Jiang Tang's head.

Before he could continue to ask, the door of the main hall was pushed open from the outside, and the voice just now said flatteringly: "Sir, the sacrifice has been brought to you.

The speaker, or rather a ghost, was completely dark and illusory, with a bit of black mist floating around him, and wearing a rather funny black top hat on his head.