65: The Young Master's AI Butler (18)

The next day, Lu Zheng was awakened by Jiang Tang's voice answering the phone.

The young man was still nestled in his arms, and his movements in answering the phone were a little slow. His voice was still hoarse from overuse, but his voice was very calm.

"I'm fine." Jiang Tang hummed a few times, "Okay, we'll be there."

After hanging up the phone, Lu Zheng moved his arms and hugged the person in his arms tighter.

"Who is it?" he asked, "Why are you calling so early?"

"It's late, kid Lu Zheng." Jiang Tang glanced at him sideways, with a faint red look at the end of his raised eyes. Lu Zheng's heart shrank slightly.

"It's past eleven o'clock." Jiang Tang said, sitting up with his arms propped up, "It's Song Li's call. Get up and tidy up, have lunch and then we'll go to the military court." The soft blanket slipped from the young man's body

. , the large traces on the white skin can be seen at a glance.

Lu Zheng swallowed, sensing something was wrong inside his body, and quickly looked away, trying to divert his attention.

"Military court?" Lu Zheng asked, "Is this the trial of Lu Yisi? So soon? Will the trial start today?" "Yes, at three o'clock this afternoon." Jiang Tang said, "The military has made public the case of Lu Yisi, and the public

's The reaction was very intense, so the sooner he is tried, the better."

Lu Zheng was stunned: "Public? Then your matter -"

Jiang Tang nodded: "We have announced it together."

Lu Zheng frowned: "Isn't that right? Will the entire federation know about your current situation? Wouldn't that be good for you? Can't we just announce Lu Yisi's matter, but not your situation?" "Lu Yisi's matter this time involves more than just me." Jiang

Tang said, "Before me, he had attacked many innocent civilians and experimented on them, but I just happened to be his 'perfect work' and was able to survive in this way." Lu

Zheng said nothing.

Jiang Tang continued: "Maybe it's a bit arrogant, but among all the victims, I have the greatest influence in the Federation. If I don't come forward, but hide in the dark, the public's attention to this matter will The efforts to hold Lu Yisi accountable will definitely be greatly reduced."

"I have to stand up." Jiang Tang said softly, subconsciously touching his shoulder with his fingers, "This is my responsibility." Lu Zheng glanced at him

.

He knew that the place where the other party subconsciously touched was where the epaulette representing the major was located on the military uniform.

This is Jiang Tang's responsibility as a major.

Even if you are in a quagmire and it is difficult to get out, you must open a way for the people behind you.

Lu Zheng has long known what a dazzling person Major Jiang Tang is.

But when it was his turn to face the light emanating from the other person's body, Lu Zheng still felt that his heart was slightly hot, and his whole body was warmed by that beam of light.

It is hard not to follow and like Major Jiang Tang. He is born to be supported by everyone and has the ability to become the belief of others.

Lu Zheng's heart skipped a beat, and he thought to himself how virtuous and capable he was to be able to hold this beam of light in his arms.

Seeing that he didn't speak, Jiang Tang rubbed his head and said, "Okay, let's not talk about this. Get up and clean up quickly. The base's canteen will not provide lunch if the meal is missed." Lu Zheng came back to his senses: "Okay

. ."

Jiang Tang suddenly glanced down: "Are you... so energetic?"

Lu Zheng's cheeks heated up, and he subconsciously pulled up the slipping blanket to cover it slightly, grunting: "Morning, normal reaction in the morning. Don't worry about it. You'll be fine by yourself later."

"At this time, with your ability, I can't take care of you even if I want to. There's not enough time." Jiang Tang said helplessly, went up to him, kissed him and said, "There's nothing you can do today. I can make it up to you next time."

Lu Zheng swallowed, took a deep breath and said, "Okay."

The two of them quickly washed up and had lunch before the base cafeteria closed.

Song Li prepared a special car for the two of them and took them directly to the military court.

On the way to the court, Lu Zheng finally made some time and searched for official news on Star.com.

The genius Professor Xiao Lu who has been missing for seven years, and the rising star of the Federation Major Jiang Tang who has been missing for more than a month.

No matter which one of these two things is officially announced, it will set off a frenzy on the Star Network, let alone announcing both at once.

Star Network's hot search terms were already taking over the screen. When Lu Zheng clicked on the most popular one, the terminal even froze for two seconds before he successfully entered.

Lu Zheng took a look at the current attitude of the public.

Some were shocked that Lu Yisi "directed and acted" and disappeared, some condemned and cursed Lu Yisi for conducting illegal experiments, and some fiercely demanded that Lu Yisi be severely punished and seek justice for Major Jiang Tang and the victims.

Lu Zheng casually scrolled through it a few times, his eyes glanced at a latest comment, and his fingertips sliding across the screen suddenly paused.

[Professor Xiao Lu is back. So is there any hope that the experiment that Professor Lu proposed before that combines AI technology with mechas will be successfully developed in advance? 】

This comment was submerged in more recent comments and quickly disappeared.

Lu Zheng frowned, and his heart sank.

*

In Lu Yisi's trial, the prosecutor was the entire military. The military basically took over everything and did not need Jiang Tang to do anything.

Lu Zheng and Jiang Tang entered the court hearing as spectators.

The nature of Lu Yisi's incident was so egregious that it not only violated federal laws, but also violated human nature. Almost everyone in the federation was paying attention to this trial.

Therefore, after discussion, the officials decided that this time the entire court hearing would be broadcast live and held publicly.

Jiang Tang and Lu Zheng were not sitting in the front row of the auditorium, but were hidden among the crowd.

Father Lu and Mother Lu were sitting in the front row, with their heads leaning against each other, as if they were discussing something.

After Lu Zheng saw them, he frowned slightly and had a vague premonition in his heart.

At three o'clock in the afternoon, the trial started on time.

Because the evidence was complete, the trial process went very smoothly, and Lu Yisi had no chance of overturning the case.

Lu Yisi, who was sitting on the trial bench, showed no expression at all throughout the whole process, as if it was not him who was being tried, but a stranger.

Jiang Tang knew that he had lost his human emotions.

The trial process was over quickly. Just when the judge was about to sentence Lu Yisi to death, Lu's father and mother in the front row suddenly stood up and applied for the submission of a document.

Lu Zheng's heart skipped a beat and he clenched his fists involuntarily.

The material was handed over to the judge and the jury, and the members of the jury discussed it in low voices with different expressions on their faces.

After a long time, a vote was held within the jury.

The judge also said at this time: "Considering Lu Yisi's achievements in the field of AI, the person in charge of the AI ​​Research Institute and all researchers applied for an exception to allow Lu Yisi to join the research team and participate in the 'integration and application of artificial intelligence technology and mechas'" ' issue."

The judge began to announce the results of the vote.

There are a total of forty-one judges on the jury, and there are twenty-three judges who agree with the AI ​​Research Institute's proposal, which is just over half of the number.

This means that the proposal is passed, and Lu Yisi no longer has to accept the death penalty, and even has the opportunity to make meritorious deeds.

The people present were in an uproar.

In the audience, some family members of the victim stood up on the spot and angrily cursed the jury and judge's decision.

But most people know that Lu Yisi's talent is too amazing, and losing him is a loss for the federation. If he can really successfully integrate AI technology and mechas in advance, this technology can save more people by then.

So ironic, but that's reality.

Jiang Tang lowered his eyes and said nothing, but he could clearly see from the corner of his eye that the young man next to him clenched his fists, and the veins on the back of his hands were clearly visible.

The scene was in chaos, and the judge even called for "silence" several times to no avail. It was not until the security personnel in the court came forward to suppress the situation with force that the scene was finally calm.

Sitting in the first row, Lu's father and Lu's mother turned a deaf ear to the commotion at the scene. They only had eyes for Lu Yisi sitting in the trial seat.

The two seemed very satisfied with the result, and even had a little smile on their faces.

Until a sudden voice came from the back of the auditorium: "I have a question." The

familiar voice made Father and Mother Lu turn around and saw that the person speaking was their 'incompetent' second son. The smile on his face was a little sarcastic. It was as if he was laughing at him.

But he heard Lu Zheng ask: "If Lu Yisi participates in this research, how long will it take for the research to be successful?"

Lu Yisi was unmoved at the interrogation table and seemed not to answer this question.

Father Lu couldn't sit still, and there was even a hint of pride in his tone: "Without him, this technology would take five to ten years to mature, but with his participation, the time can be shortened to three to five years." "That is

, He said it would take three years at the earliest." Lu Zheng's expression remained unchanged, but he suddenly dropped a thunderbolt, "If I said, I can develop a mature product in two years, no, I can develop it in one year. What about the fusion technology of AI and mechas?"

Father Lu was stunned for a moment, then sneered: "Lu Zheng, AI technology is not a child's play. If you say it is successful in one year, it will be successful in the next year." There were also people around him.

There were some whispers.

Many people recognized that the person who was confronting Lu's father was Professor Lu's incompetent second son, and they all looked at Lu Zheng with a somewhat strange look.

Lu Zheng's expression remained unchanged.

He clicked on his terminal's light screen and zoomed in. On the light screen was the interview where Mother Lu explained AI and mecha technology to the public at the press conference not long ago.

Lu Zheng paused the video on one of the screens: "Your research progress should be stuck at this stage now." Father Lu did not respond, but the person sitting next to him nodded

.

It was an old man wearing glasses and wearing a work badge from the AI ​​Research Institute around his neck. He was obviously a researcher on the same team as Lu's father and Lu's mother.

Lu Zheng didn't care about the attitude of Lu's father and Lu's mother.

He knew very well that what he needed to do now was to let the judges, the trial panel, and everyone in the federation know that he was more powerful than Lu Yisi. Even without Lu Yisi, this technology could be successfully developed and used in actual combat in the shortest possible time.

Only in this way can Lu Yisi lose the opportunity to "make meritorious service".

Lu Zheng felt that his mind had never been so clear before.

He has hidden his true strength for so many years, and even thinks that he will never truly set foot in the field of AI research in his life.

But at this moment, Lu Zheng suddenly thought of what Jiang Tang said.

It was Jiang Tang's responsibility to send Lu Yisi to the execution ground. Lu Zheng did not have to shoulder such a responsibility, but he did not want to see Major Jiang Tang feeling sad or even blaming himself because he could not fulfill his responsibility.

That bright light cannot be dimmed because of other people's mistakes.

Lu Zheng wanted to do something for him.

"Your research direction has deviated from the right track from the beginning." Lu Zheng said.

Within the light curtain, every word and sentence of Lu's father and mother's explanation of the research was dissected by Lu Zheng.

He pointed out all the problems, corrected the deviations on the spot, and shared his own insights on the research in front of everyone present, even the live camera.

This technology is very esoteric for most people, and the string of professional terms is obscure and difficult to understand.

But the expressions of Father Lu, Mother Lu, and the AI ​​researchers who came here with them gradually changed from disdain to shock and thoughtfulness.

Some researchers took note of Lu Zheng's thoughts on the spot, and even ran to Lu Zheng from the front row to pull out more detailed experimental data from their research group, allowing Lu Zheng to analyze and resolve questions.

Lu Zheng answered them all, and his explanation seemed to make the researchers suddenly enlightened.

These researchers are well-known throughout the federation. Even if the people around them don't understand AI technology, they will know that Lu Zheng is not talking nonsense when they see the reactions of these AI bosses.

Even the expressions of Father Lu and Mother Lu changed again and again, and the eyes they looked at Lu Zheng became unfamiliar.

Is this really their useless child who only brings them shame?

The court hearing almost turned into a debate, but neither the judge nor the trial panel stopped the debate.

Lu Zheng proved himself with his strength, and also proved that the 'one-year period' he said was not empty talk.

The members of the trial team began a new round of discussions.

Lu Zheng was still surrounded by many researchers and was forced to answer their endless questions.

It wasn't until the judge banged the gavel that Lu Zheng waved his hand, signaling the researchers to suspend the 'conference'.

Lu Yisi was eventually sentenced to suspended death.

The day the AI-mecha technology was successfully developed was the day Lu Yisi was executed.

It was not an immediate execution, but as long as Lu Zheng could develop this technology, Lu Yisi would not be able to escape the fate of execution.

The burden of pressure fell entirely on Lu Zheng's shoulders the moment the judge announced the verdict.

Lu Zheng sat back down, his hand still shaking slightly, and was held by the young man beside him.

"Are you scared?" Jiang Tang asked him.

"No, it's not fear." Lu Zheng shook his head, "It's... excitement."

He has never shown his strength in front of the public, this is the first time.

Jiang Tang chuckled and said softly: "You know, when you stood up to confront them, your body was glowing."

Lu Zheng was slightly startled.

"You are very handsome and dazzling." Jiang Tang said, "What should I do, kid Lu Zheng, I seem to like you more than before."

Lu Zheng's ears suddenly turned red.

He turned his head to look at the young man beside him, but he looked into his bright star-like eyes, and saw his own reflection in those eyes.

Lu Zheng's eyes wandered for a moment: "What can we do?"

He pretended to be nonchalant and said in a calm tone, "If you like me more... then you can like me more."

His flushed face revealed the surge in his heart.

Jiang Tang laughed softly and held the boy's hand tighter.

Lu Yisi's death sentence was suspended rather than immediately executed. Although it was not the most satisfactory result, Jiang Tang was not in a hurry and was not worried about another accident.

He is very aware of Lu Zheng's ability. Since he can say the one-year deadline, it means that he can definitely do it. Lu Yisi's ending will never have a chance to be changed.

After the trial ended, the two stood up from their seats and were about to leave, but they were stopped.

"Lu Zheng!" Father Lu and Mother Lu were hurrying, trying to catch up with them.

Seeing that Lu Zheng had no intention of stopping and waiting for them, Mother Lu became a little anxious and shouted: "Xiao Zheng, wait for mom!"

Jiang Tang couldn't help but sneer in his heart.

Is this called 'Xiao Zheng'?

The speed at which these two people changed their faces really opened his eyes.

Father Lu and Mother Lu caught up with them, and they looked at Lu Zheng with complicated eyes.

Lu Zheng glanced at them lightly and said, "Are you going in the wrong direction? Lu Yisi won't leave from this exit later." Mother Lu opened her mouth and glanced back subconsciously

.

Lu Yisi had already stood up from the interrogation seat and was led to the small door on the other side.

But Father Lu and Mother Lu had no intention of going to Lu Yisi this time.

Lu Zheng twitched the corners of his mouth, his eyes showing sarcasm.

it is as expected.

"What you kid said is that we are here to find you, not him." Father Lu laughed sarcastically.

Mother Lu reached out to grab Lu Zheng's wrist, but Lu Zheng turned aside and avoided it with disgust on his face.

Mother Lu's movements froze for a moment, with a hint of embarrassment and sadness on her face, as well as a hint of reproach, as if she felt that Lu Zheng should not avoid her proactive approach.

"If you have anything to say, just say it without touching anything." Lu Zheng said calmly, "My time is precious, so please keep it short."

Mother Lu's expression froze.

She forced a smile and asked: "Xiao Zheng, are you blaming mom? Mom admits that she was wrong. She shouldn't have ignored you so much all these years... But you also have such good abilities. Why did you hide it from your mother and not tell her?"

At first glance, this sounded like an apology, but upon closer inspection, it was clear that he was blaming Lu Zheng.

She blames him for hiding things for so many years, as if her neglect and partiality towards Lu Zheng all these years were all caused by Lu Zheng's hiding things.

It's extremely ridiculous.

"I won't tell you?" Lu Zheng suddenly laughed, "Lu Xinci, I told you before, but you didn't believe it at all." Mother Lu was stunned: "When? Why didn't mom remember?" "Of course you

do

. I don't remember." Lu Zheng said softly, "But I remember it from when I was three years old to now."

Mother Lu thought hard, but still couldn't remember what happened when Lu Zheng was three years old.

Lu Zheng was not surprised at all: "That was the first AI I made. I originally wanted to give it to you as a birthday gift, but do you still remember your reaction after seeing this gift?" Lu

Zheng As her mother tried to remember, she vaguely remembered that she had indeed received a gift from Xiao Lu Zheng on her birthday that year.

It was a palm-sized mini AI, and it looked like a chubby and cute little Corgi. It was perfect in both appearance and function, and its workmanship was also very fine.

But that gift--

Mother Lu's expression suddenly changed.

At that time, she did not believe that three-year-old Lu Zheng could independently create such a sophisticated artificial intelligence, which was something that even three-year-old Lu Yisi could not do.

So when she saw the gift, her first reaction was that Xiao Lu Zheng secretly took Lu Yisi's things.

The three-year-old cub is full of admiration and expectation for its mother, but in exchange for the mother's suspicion and anger.

Lu Zheng knew that Lu Xinci had already remembered that incident.

But that gift-giving time was only the initial reason. The real reason that made Lu Zheng not want to enter the field of AI like Lu's father and mother was that he once thought that if he studied AI too deeply, he might become friendly. They are the same.

Indifferent and crazy, it seems that the most sincere and primitive human emotions have been lost.

This made him resist entering the AI ​​field from the bottom of his heart.

Mother Lu's face suddenly turned pale, as if she finally realized how much she had done back then.

Father Lu put his arms around her shoulders and looked at Lu Zheng with gentle and apologetic eyes: "Xiao Zheng, this is indeed your parents' fault. My parents apologize to you." "I will not accept your apology

. "Lu Zheng shook his head, "You are not apologizing because you feel that you have done something wrong, nor are you apologizing out of guilt for me and wanting to compensate me." Father Lu was anxious to say something, but Lu Zheng did not give

any A chance for him to speak.

"The feelings you have for me, or even for Lu Yisi, are not the love a parent has for their children." Lu Zheng said bluntly, "In your opinion, there are prerequisites for 'loving' someone. The person you love must You must first meet the requirements you set before you can 'love' them." "

This is true for Lu Yisi, and it is true for me now." Lu Zheng said calmly, "You like Lu Yisi because he is a genius. Come here now The reason why you apologize to me and show your belated love for me is because now I am as talented as Lu Yisi, and I am a 'tool' that can replace Lu Yisi to inherit your dream in the AI ​​field." Lu Zheng said softly, "In your eyes

, I am just the second Lu Yisi. And there may be a third or even countless Lu Yisi in the future." Father Lu's expression gradually changed: "Lu Zheng! How can you think like this?! Mom and Dad are just--"

He I wanted to say something to refute Lu Zheng's point of view, but I found that no matter what I said, it seemed extremely weak.

Because Lu Zheng is right.

"Just what?" Lu Zheng sneered, but he didn't intend to listen to Father Lu's excuse anymore. He shook his head and said, "Your love is too expensive, I can't afford it." Father Lu's face was pale, but he didn't even say a word. Not coming out.

Lu Zheng didn't want to be entangled with them anymore, so he took the hand of the young man next to him and wanted to leave.

However, Jiang Tang held him back and shook his head gently at him. Lu Zheng stopped obediently, but his eyes kept lingering on the young man and never fell on his parents.

"Professor Lu, I once heard a statement." Jiang Tang said, "That statement said that the reason why artificial intelligence cannot replace humans is because AI will never have the thinking ability that belongs to humans." Father Lu and Mother Lu did not understand

Jiang Why did Tang suddenly mention this matter? But when it came to a field they were familiar with, Father Lu nodded and said, "Yes." This is also the direction that Lu Yisi has been studying, and even in order to break this layer of shackles, he did not hesitate to make a plan for the common people and gods

. Something outrageous and unreasonable.

"But I don't think so." Jiang Tang shook his head, "Lu Yisi stripped my thinking ability and mental power from the human body and loaded it into the body of artificial intelligence. That small chip is no bigger than a fingernail. Inside."

Jiang Tang nodded his head, "That chip did trap me for a long time. During that time, this body did have my thinking ability, but you know how I finally broke through the shackles of the chip and woke up. Is that true?"

Of course Father Lu and Mother Lu didn't know.

"It's not because of human thinking ability, but because of human emotions." Jiang Tang said softly, "It is the hottest and most sincere emotions in the world that saved me from the abyss." His hand was suddenly touched

. After tightening his grip, Jiang Tang turned his head and glanced at the young man beside him, and gave him a particularly soft smile.

"Lu Yisi may be able to load human thinking capabilities into artificial intelligence, but he will never be able to make AI possess human emotions."

Jiang Tang said, "Whether it is joy, anger, love, or hatred, these They are all emotions that only belong to humans. They are unique weapons that can break through everything, and are also the strongest and strongest armor." "AI cannot possess, and will never possess such weapons."

Jiang Tang said, "Emotions are not Something that can be measured with data." He said, "And you have lost the most powerful weapon and power as human beings." It's hateful, but also extremely sad.