160: Dual Personality vs Double-Face Siren (28)

With the active help from Siren, Xu Qinglang's experiment went very smoothly.

Three months later, Xu Qinglang submitted the experimental results of the institute to the upper levels of the base. That night, the upper level personnel notified all the survivors of the base that a research conference would be held in the main square of the base.

It has only been three months since Xu Yu's press conference. The accident at that press conference has become deeply rooted in the hearts of the people, and the survivors do not have high hopes for this conference.

At the press conference, there were a lot of survivors who came to watch, but it was not as good as the scene at Xu Yu's press conference.

Xu Qinglang didn't care about this. From the beginning, his purpose of conducting experimental research was not to 'become a hero'. In addition to fulfilling his parents' last wish, he simply wanted to use his abilities to do something for mankind.

The press conference was held in the afternoon, and the weather was gloomy, which was not good.

The person who actively participated in the on-site experiment at the press conference was a human who had been confirmed to be infected, but had not yet completely transformed into a mutated species.

Different degrees of alienation had appeared on this human's face. When the press conference began, even his consciousness was no longer so clear.

The survivors watching on the stage seemed to be worried that something might happen to them, so they took a few steps back.

Xu Qinglang didn't explain much to them. He just took out a potion without saying a word and injected it into the infected person's body in front of everyone present.

Five minutes have passed, but the infected person has not improved significantly, and even the range of abnormalities on his face seems to have increased a little.

There were vague whispers from the audience: "Why is there no response? Did it fail?"

Ten minutes passed. Although the infected person showed no signs of improvement, the scope of the mutation that was spreading on his body seemed to have finally stopped.

Time passed minute by minute, and half an hour passed quickly. During this period, Xu Qinglang said nothing. No matter whether the people in the audience were questioning or expecting, he did not explain a word.

Until one hour after the injection.

The already comatose infected person suddenly opened his eyes. The mutation phenomenon on his body and face still did not recede. His hands mutated into sharp claws, and his black and white eyes that belonged to humans were still clear.

The infected person looked down at his hands, thinking that the medicine had not taken effect, and looked desperate and helpless.

But he heard Xu Qinglang on the side say: "Congratulations."

The infected person looked up blankly, almost thinking that he heard wrongly: "What?" "

The potion has taken effect. Congratulations, you have become the first batch of humans to successfully fuse the mutated genes." Xu Qinglang said, "From today on, you have the power of a mutated species, but you can still maintain the sanity and thinking that belongs to humans." Xu Qinglang faced the audience and spoke briefly and straightforwardly: "This potion is called a gene fusion potion. After being infected with the virus

, If injected within 24 hours, there is more than 80% chance of successfully merging the two genes and maintaining human consciousness." Although it is not a 100% chance, the 80% success

rate is enough. It was a surprise to all the survivors.

Loud cheers came from the audience. Some survivors wanted to continue asking detailed questions about the potion. However, Xu Qinglang chose to step down from the stage and leave the next question and answer session to the research institute. The other team members.

There were loud cheers in his ears, and more and more survivors came over upon hearing the sound, crowding the entire stage. But at this moment, Xu Qinglang could only see the figure of one person.

After stepping off the stage, Xu Qinglang walked directly to the young man wearing a black hood.

Jiang Tang raised his head and looked at him from under the wide brim of his hat. Before he could speak, his vision went dark and he was hugged tightly by the person in front of him.

"Jiang Tang, thank you." Xu Qinglang whispered, "I love you." Jiang Tang's

heart trembled slightly, and where the man couldn't see, a gleam of light flashed in his black eyes, and he responded: "You're welcome." Then he said softly in the language of the siren, [I love you too. 】

Xu Qinglang hugged him tighter, and after a while asked: "What did you just say? That last sentence." Jiang Tang chuckled, suddenly raised his hand to hold the side of the other person's face, and tilted his head to kiss

him , but did not answer his question.

*

There were many trivial matters after the press conference. Xu Qinglang did not participate in them. Instead, he found a time to take Jiang Tang out to sea again.

The sea was calm and calm, and although it was night, the sky was rarely very bright. A bright moon and a few clearly twinkling stars could be seen above the dark night.

Xu Qinglang and Jiang Tang stood side by side on the deck, which made Xu Qinglang slightly dazed.

This scene was too familiar to him.

After the two were silent for a long time, Xu Qinglang finally said: "I have already thought about the personality fusion thing I mentioned before." Jiang Tang turned her head to look at him, and raised her hand to tuck her hair that was messed up by the wind behind her head

.

The two looked at each other for a moment, Xu Qinglang said nothing, but Jiang Tang could see his choice from his expression.

He paused and suddenly asked: "Has it been confirmed? What about him? Has he agreed to the decision?" Xu Qinglang lowered his eyes. When he raised his eyes again, the emotion in his

eyes was completely different from before.

"You actually care about what I think." Xu Zhimo chuckled, with a hint of surprise on his expression.

Jiang Tang curled his lips and looked into his eyes silently. It was rare for him to face him with such a calm attitude.

Xu Zhimo's eyes flashed slightly, and he took a deep look at Jiang Tang. Finally, unable to suppress the emotions in his chest, he lowered his head and kissed Siren's soft and cool lips.

"I agree." Xu Zhimo said, "Let's merge."

"Okay." He heard the soft voice of the siren, "As long as you agree... leave the rest to me."

The next second , Jiang Tang hugged him and fell sideways outside the railing.

The two of them sank into the cold water. The siren appeared in its true form in the dim night, and the silver-blue fish tail wrapped tightly around the lover in the water.

A large number of dense bubbles overflowed from around the two people, covering their entangled figures.

The sea monster kissed his human, one person and one fish were tightly entwined. The huge and pure spiritual power flowed between the two people. This time, it poured from the sea monster's body into the human's body.

The ship, which was programmed to drive automatically, moved forward slowly on the sea. The sea was calm and waveless, and the soft moonlight poured down, adding a layer of soft light to the dark sea surface.

After an unknown amount of time, a flash of brilliant gold broke through the sea.

Jiang Tang rolled Xu Qinglang onto the boat with his fish tail. The moment it landed on the deck, the silver-blue fish tail transformed into slender human legs.

The process of personality fusion consumed too much mental energy. Xu Qinglang was now unconscious and was dragged back to the room by Jiang Tang and placed on the bed.

However, just when Jiang Tang was about to get up and leave, the man on the bed struggled to open his eyes and reached out to hold his wrist.

"Don't go." Xu Qinglang's voice was hoarse, "Don't go..."

Jiang Tang paused slightly, turned around and knelt down, and said softly: "I just went to the bathroom to get a towel. We can't stay so wet."

Xu Qinglang was startled for a moment, but still did not let go of his hand. He pursed his lips and said nothing, frowning tightly.

After the fusion of personalities, he was in a period of confusion. The memories of the two personalities were intertwined in a mess, making it difficult for him to think carefully.

There was only one thought clearly swirling in his mind -

Jiang Tang could not be allowed to leave.

Jiang Tang could see the confusion and uneasiness he was feeling at this time, and placed his cool fingertips between his eyebrows, sending a small wisp of gentle spiritual power.

Xu Qinglang struggled for a moment, but still couldn't resist the drowsiness, and soon lost consciousness.

When he opened his eyes again, it was already bright outside.

After regaining consciousness, Xu Qinglang almost immediately sat up from the bed. It was not until he found that another person was sleeping next to him that he finally calmed down.

Jiang Tang was awakened by his movements and opened his eyes drowsily.

Xu Qinglang lowered his head, kissed him, and said softly: "Sorry, I woke you up."

Jiang Tang shook his head, and his face, slightly warm from sleep, leaned into the man's broad palm.

Xu Qinglang fell back to sleep and held him tighter in his arms.

After a moment, he spoke softly: "Jiang Tang."

Jiang Tang grunted: "What's wrong?"

"The fusion potion has been developed, but this is only the first version, and there is still a long way to go before the final version." Xu Qinglang said lowly He said loudly, "I can't ask you for anything, so this is just a request..."

He turned his head and looked at the siren beside him, his eyes soft but with a hint of suppressed and strong possessiveness, "In the final version of the fusion Can you please stay away until the potion is made?"

Jiang Tang did not answer him directly, but just asked: "What happens after that?" "After that

..." Xu Qinglang paused, "I'll go with you." He said, "You If you are willing to stay in the human base, I will stay in the base. If you want to return to the sea, I will find an island to settle on the sea and live a life as just the two of us." Jiang Tang suddenly smiled

.

Xu Qinglang's throat tightened slightly, and it wasn't until he heard the young man say "Okay" in a low voice that his heart finally fell to the ground.

The two exchanged a passionate//lustful kiss.

There was a slight heat in his chest, and Jiang Tang knew without having to lower his head that the small jade fish must be emitting a faint white light.

The voice of 233 sounded in his mind: [Mission completed, about to--]

Jiang Tang interrupted it for the first time: [Wait a minute. ]

233's voice paused: [Host, is there anything else? The mission progress is already 100%. ]

Jiang Tang said: [I remember that points can be redeemed for the length of stay in the current world. ]

233 hesitated: [Host, the redemption time requires a lot of points, which is not cost-effective. 】

【It's okay. 】Jiang Tang said, 【Pay it forward. 】

Seeing Jiang Tang's resolute attitude, 233 did not persuade him anymore and helped him exchange the length of stay, instead of leaving the current world immediately like before.

233 Jiang Tang just thought that he wanted to rest for a while before continuing his new mission, but he didn't know that Jiang Tang just felt strange.

In the past world, the task would only be shown as completed after his lover completed all goals.

But this time, Xu Qinglang clearly said that the final version of the fusion potion had not been developed yet, it was just the first version, but the mission progress had reached 100%.

With the Lord God secretly tampering with his mission so many times, Jiang Tang became vigilant almost immediately.

Regardless of whether this time has something to do with the Lord God, it is always better to be cautious.

What's more... putting aside the progress of the mission, Jiang Tang actually hopes that his lover can go to the next world with him without regrets.

*

Two years later, Xu Qinglang finally successfully developed the final version of the potion.

The fusion rate of the final version of the potion has reached 100%. Human beings finally no longer need to fear confrontation with mutant species. The dark clouds hanging over the heads of survivors around the world have finally lifted.

It wasn't until the press conference for the final version of the fusion potion was over that Jiang Tang finally relented and said: [Let's go to the new world. ]

233 responded cheerfully: [Good host! 】

The scene changed, and after the familiar feeling of traveling through the world ended, Jiang Tang opened his eyes again and looked at the surrounding environment for the first time.

This is a restaurant with gorgeous decoration and a Western-style overall style. At this time, Jiang Tang is sitting at the head of the long table, and he is the only one sitting on the table.

Jiang Tang waited for a moment and saw that no one would be here soon. He was about to let 233 deliver the world's information, but he heard the other party's panicked voice in his mind.

[Host, host, bad host! ]

Jiang Tang asked calmly: [What's wrong? ]

233 panicked: [An unknown bug appears in the program, I did not receive the mission target information! 】