147: Dual Personality vs Double-Face Siren (15)

When I woke up the next day, it was already bright outside the window.

Xu Qinglang has gradually become accustomed to this. When Jiang Tang sleeps next to him, the frequency of having trouble falling asleep due to headaches or waking up in the middle of the night has been reduced to a level that he never dared to think about before.

The person in his arms had not yet woken up, so Xu Qinglang was not in a hurry to get up.

Jiang Tang shrank in his arms, her head buried in his shoulder and neck, the tip of her straight nose gently pressed against his neck, and her soft breathing stirred up a fine itching feeling.

The soft long hair was scattered behind the young man. A few strands were wrapped around Xu Qinglang's fingertips at some point, and a few strands rubbed against the side of his face, making the tip of his nose slightly itchy.

Xu Qinglang tilted his head slightly and his Adam's apple rolled up and down.

The next second, his whole body suddenly froze.

The young man in his arms seemed to be awakened by the movement of his head, and he also turned his head slightly, and his soft lips happened to brush against his Adam's apple.

The young man opened his eyes drowsily, as if he hadn't woken up yet, and suddenly opened his mouth and took a bite on the bulging Adam's apple on his lips.

Xu Qinglang curled his fingers tightly, raised his hand to hold the young man's head, and pushed his head onto his shoulder, avoiding the overly sensitive Adam's apple.

"Jiang Tang?" he said, his voice still hoarse as he had just woken up, "Are you awake?" The head buried

on his shoulder moved up and down, and his long hair rubbed against his neck and shoulders, lifting up The itch almost shot straight to the bottom of his heart.

The siren at night turned into Jiang Tang again.

Thinking of what happened last night, Xu Qinglang's eyes dimmed, and his mood was not very bright.

If possible, he actually hopes that Jiang Tang can be the most realistic siren in front of him like last night, rather than like now, wearing a thick layer of camouflage, A mask named Jiang Tang.

But Xu Qinglang knew very well that in Jiang Tang's knowledge, he didn't know that the other party was the Siren at this time. If he made a strange request rashly... he couldn't be sure what kind of reaction Jiang Tang would have, let alone guarantee it.

The other person will continue to stay with him.

Xu Qinglang lowered his eyes, his face was silent, but his emotions were surging very intensely.

Suddenly a mocking sneer came from his mind: [Xu Qinglang, you are so hypocritical. 】

Xu Zhimo didn't know when he was connected to Xu Qinglang's mental power again, and realized what he was thinking.

Xu Qinglang ignored him.

[Let me guess, what did you do with him last night despite my identity? ] Xu Zhimo's voice was low, making it difficult to hear his emotions. [How many words did you get from him? How many things have you done with him that 'Xu Qinglang' wouldn't dare to do? ]

Xu Qinglang's eyes dimmed, and his voice sounded like a warning: [Xu Zhimo! ]

[Are you trying to ask, how do I know about this? ] Xu Zhimo chuckled again, [Xu Qinglang, I know you too well. Don't forget, no matter how much I don't want to admit it, we are ultimately the same person. What kind of person you are, I know better than anyone else. 】

Xu Qinglang mocked and sneered: 【So? so what? ]

Xu Zhimo sneered and said softly: [You said, if Jiang Tang knew that you were not as gentle as you seemed, would he still treat you with the same attitude as before? ]

[Xu Qinglang, do you really think Jiang Tang will like you who is so hypocritical and despicable? 】

After saying this, Xu Zhimo fell silent, as if he had actively cut off the connection with Xu Qinglang.

Xu Qinglang lowered his eyes, and the dark light in his eyes could hardly be concealed.

The soft touch on his lips brought back Xu Qinglang's thoughts. He lowered his eyes and met the worried gaze of the young man in his arms.

Jiang Tang opened and closed his lips: What's wrong with you?

"It's okay." Xu Qinglang said softly, covering the darkness in his eyes, "Maybe it was because of excessive mental exertion yesterday and has not fully recovered yet. Just take a rest." Hearing this, the worry in Jiang Tang's eyes not only did not recede, but intensified

. A bit richer.

He raised his hand and touched Xu Qinglang's forehead, then suddenly raised his head and placed an instant kiss on the other person's lips.

A few wisps of spiritual power, so subtle that they were almost imperceptible, passed into Xu Qinglang's body from the lips of the two people that quickly joined and separated.

If he hadn't had the experience of transmitting spiritual power last night, Xu Qinglang might not have noticed the transmission of these few rays of spiritual power at all.

Could it be that Jiang Tang... wanted to secretly transfer some spiritual power to him for nourishment?

Sensing Jiang Tang's intention, Xu Qinglang's heart softened, but what Xu Zhimo had just said to him suddenly reappeared in his mind.

That trace of softness disappeared and was replaced by a lower and deeper emotion.

Seeing that Xu Qinglang seemed a little distracted, Jiang Tang reached out and poked the side of his face: Do you feel better?

Xu Qinglang came back to his senses, suppressed the dull emotions in his heart, curled his lips and said, "Well, it's much better." The

young man bent his eyes and gave him a particularly soft smile.

*

After the sea monster was repelled, the two ships embarked on the journey back to the base.

A few days later, the ship successfully arrived at the base dock.

Before getting off the boat, Xu Qinglang got another hooded cloak from somewhere and put it on Jiang Tang.

When the two got off the boat, they happened to meet Chen Qianhua who was getting off the base ship.

Compared with the state when he first left the base, Chen Qianhua looked particularly embarrassed at this time. His face was pale and his eyes were black, as if he had not rested well, and he seemed to be sick and unwell.

Seeing Jiang Tang next to Xu Qinglang, Chen Qianhua's pupils shrank suddenly and he lost his voice: "Why are you here?" Xu Qinglang asked him: "My team members, why can't they be here?" Chen Qianhua's tone was almost questioning: "He

clearly

said I didn't get on the boat with you, so how come I'm on your boat now?"

Xu Qinglang's expression remained unchanged and he said calmly: "Professor Chen, you have never been on my boat during the whole trip, so how do you know that he didn't travel with us?"

Chen Qianhua's voice was choked. He really couldn't produce any evidence.

At this moment, his hand, which had been hidden under his sleeve, felt a strange pain.

Chen Qianhua's expression changed, he tightened his cuffs, and his whole body became tense.

During these days of return, Chen Qianhua had a harder time than anyone else. The small wound on the tip of his finger did not heal as he expected, but instead gradually revealed a bit of black and gray color.

As a researcher who works with mutated viruses day and night, Chen Qianhua knows his situation better than anyone else.

He is infected.

But he was unwilling to accept this fact, just like other infected people who had not lost their human consciousness after being infected.

Chen Qianhua concealed the fact that he was infected.

Perhaps because he wanted to hang on for a few more days, or perhaps because he still had some luck, Chen Qianhua did not tell anyone about this.

But there was a moment when the paper could not contain the fire.

After the people on the two ships gathered together, they lined up at the entrance of the base to wait for testing.

Chen Qianhua was filled with anxiety and wanted to stand at the end of the line, but was pulled by someone he knew well to stand in the middle of the line.

What a coincidence, there were only two people between Xu Qinglang and him.

The test was very fast, everyone in front passed the test, and soon it was Chen Qianhua's turn.

Chen Qianhua stretched out his uninjured hand and handed it to the inspector. He pretended to be calm, but his fingertips couldn't stop trembling.

There was a beep, and the detection instrument flashed red.

The inspector's expression changed: "The test failed, you are infected."

Before he finished speaking, Chen Qianhua turned around suddenly and pounced on Xu Qinglang and Jiang Tang who were in the team behind him.

Xu Qinglang made a mistake and took Jiang Tang in his arms to avoid Chen Qianhua's figure.

Chen Qianhua knelt down in front of Xu Qinglang: "Xu Qinglang, you were obviously injured too. I saw him hurt you with a knife. There was a virus on the knife. You were infected, but why are you okay? Have you already Found a way to treat the infection? Please save me, please save me, okay?"

Xu Qinglang lowered his eyes and glanced at him, and said softly: "Professor Chen, the reason why I don't have an infection is because the knife only scratched my clothes, not my clothes. Scratch me."

"I don't believe it, you must be lying to me, you must be unwilling to save me -" Chen Qianhua choked, "Xu Qinglang, I was wrong before, can you forgive me? Considering our previous relationship For the sake of such kindness, please save me, I don't want to die, I don't want to die-"

At the moment when he truly faced death, even those who once despised death could no longer remain calm.

Chen Qianhua knelt and moved closer to Xu Qinglang, reaching out to grab his clothes, but Xu Qinglang sidestepped away.

"Sorry, Professor Chen." Xu Qinglang sighed, "There is really nothing I can do now. You should know very well that my experiments have not been successful so far." His words seemed to completely crush Chen Qianhua's last hope

.

Chen Qianhua lowered his head and chuckled twice, then suddenly looked up at Jiang Tang who was being protected by Xu Qinglang. His eyes were red and his tone was sinister: "This is your revenge, right? You hate what I did to you, so you came here Take revenge on me, right?!"

Xu Qinglang frowned and asked him: "What did you do?"

Chen Qianhua laughed loudly, pointed at Jiang Tang with a crazy face and said: "You are the Siren, you are a mutant species! He's not a human! He can't be allowed to enter the human base! You can't--"

With a 'bang', Chen Qianhua's chest suddenly exploded with blood, and he fell to the ground, convulsing silently for a moment, and then died no longer.

Xu Qinglang was startled, and before his thoughts could react, his body had already made subconscious movements. He stood sideways in front of Jiang Tang, raised his hand to cover his eyes, and whispered: "Don't look." This shot was not fired by the guard at the door, but from another figure walking out of the base

. .

The man was wearing a white coat, with the same logo printed on his chest as Chen Qianhua's. His eyes looking at the dead Chen Qianhua were extremely cold.

It was Xu Yu, the director of the research institute where Chen Qianhua worked.

"I'm sorry." Xu Yu said, "My disobedient team member has caused trouble for you."

Obviously he said this to the guards and inspectors, but Xu Yu's eyes swept over Xu Qinglang and landed on him On Jiang Tang behind him.