For Him. | Trevante Rhodes.

Reader's Name: Shirley

Starring: Trevante Rhodes.

♡ (Requested By VintageSoul93 ) ♡

               ♡♥︎♡

Her back leaned against the black desk chair with her deep brown eyes fixed on the computer screen as her fingertips danced across the keyboard, an occasional yawn left her lips as the slow rhythm of Mary J. Blige's 'Be Happy' softly played from her phone resting on the desk, surrounding the woman was four walls of a cubicle. The overlapping chatter, the workphones ringing and the clickety-clacks filled the spacious office.

"All I really want is to be happy..." She sang along, bopping her head slowly.

Once again, Shirley was toiling away at her job well into the late hours of the evening. It was a position she had recently transitioned to full-time, enticed by the promise of a higher salary. However, her decision to remain at work had little to do with the monetary gain.

Rather, it was driven by her unwavering devotion to her self-doubt and being distant from her husband, Trevante. Shirley's self-doubt gnawed at her, leaving her with a constant fear of inadequacy that threatened to drive them apart. Hence, she had become increasingly distant, hoping to shield herself from the heartbreak of him walking away.

Trevante had exceptional acting skills and was undeniably handsome, prompting her to wonder why out of all the women he could have, he chose her. His cocoa complexion was a sight to behold, complemented by the dedication he displayed in the gym. The sight of his well-defined muscles and sculpted chest stirred a profound sense of desire within her.

Trevante had been noticing a slight hiccup in their relationship ever since the moment he overheard Shirley talking to her boss, expressing her desire to work full-time. The realization struck him deeply - he missed having Shirley's comforting presence at home.

He was determined to bridge the growing gap between them, Trevante devised a plan for a romantic evening at home, hoping it would create the perfect opportunity for Shirley to open up to him.

               ♡♥︎♡

As she crossed the threshold, she glided into the house before locking the door behind her, carelessly tossing her keys into the awaiting bowl on the coffee table.

The rhythmic click of her heels echoed on the polished hardwood floors until abruptly halting as her gaze fixated on a love letter lying on the floor. "What's this?" she asked herself, arching a brow.

Her senses amidst the tantalizing aroma of succulent lobster tails and sizzling steak, accompanied by a side of creamy mashed potatoes and perfectly steamed asparagus, delicately wafting through the air.

She flung her purse onto the couch swiftly, her eagerness evident. Grasping the letter, she wasted no time in tearing it open, her eyes scanning the words that lay before her.