Sick Day In. | Martin Bobb-Semple.

Reader's Name: Quinn

Starring: Martin Bobb-Semple as "Orlando" from All American: Homecoming.

(a/n: he is so fine. I loved writing this one.😫❤️)

♡♥︎♡

She lay slouching against the white bed sheets, cocooned in light green blankets. Her delicate fingers plucked another dark green tissue from the bedside tan table, as she blew her nose with a sniffle. Sliding off the twin bed, she peeled back the covers, revealing white socks gliding over the grey carpet. Frustration set in the melanated woman as she tossed yet another tissue into the overflowing mint green bin, rolling her brown eyes, and pursing her lips. A quick hand wash in the compact bathroom, and she returned to her bed, surrounded by the eggshell white cinder block walls in the average-sized dorm room, The walls were adorned with her own artwork, and a cherished family photo. Just then, a few gentle knocks on the door pulled her attention.

"Who's there?" Quinn asked, She wasn't in the mood for company right now.

Quinn was an art major and college student at Bringston University, an HBCU in Atlanta.
She was dedicated to her studies and held the position of club president in the art club.

Her strict academic schedule and demanding leadership role left her with little time to rest. Unfortunately, Quinn fell ill and was forced to spend her summer cooped up alone in her dorm room, unable to enjoy the sunny Atlanta weather. Her hard work and dedication had taken a toll on her health.

Quinn had been looking forward to the summer break to relax and recharge, but her plans were ruined by the cold. She missed her family and friends, who were all back home, and wished she could be there too.

Despite feeling sick, she had still managed to inform her boyfriend, Orlando about her not being able to make it for their date tonight. Although he empathized with her condition, he was still eager to spend some quality time with her. She appreciated her boyfriend's concern.

During her art class, the two college students crossed paths and soon became partners on a collaborative project. It was then that he witnessed her natural artistic talent, admiring every stroke and technique she used.

They worked together, she found it endearing that he took such care in learning how to handle a paintbrush. Their partnership blossomed into a friendship, with her cheering him on at his baseball games and him bought her art supplies when she lost them.

Eventually, their friendship evolved into a romantic relationship and he proved to be an exceptional boyfriend. Attentive to every detail, he never missed a beat when it came to her.

Quinn was grateful for Orlando's support and love and he was grateful for hers too, especially during times like this when she felt helpless and alone. She knew she could always count on him to lift her spirits and make her feel better.

In her comfortable attire, Quinn sported a grey tee shirt that was matched with a pair of grey sweatpants that clung to her frame. She wore white tube socks on her feet, while her raven box braids, gently swayed in front of her melanated face. Quinn's hands were tucked away in her pockets, and the room was filled with the sweet aroma of vanilla, emanating from the trio of candles on her nightstand. The thin, white blinds allowed the gentle sunlight to peek through and shine upon her gorgeous melanated skin. Serene silence fills the room.