Get It Together. | Ja Morant.

Reader's Name: Mia

Reader's Name: Mia.
Starring: Ja Morant.

♡(Requested)♡

♡♥︎♡

Her feet thudded heavily against the creamy coffee carpet as she frantically stuffed clothes into her small duffle bag, her hands shaking with adrenaline. The sound of his shoes thumping firmly against the stairs echoed through the house as he made his way to their bedroom. The medium-sized space was filled with the couple's loud yelling, creating a chaotic atmosphere. Four beige-painted walls were adorned with framed pictures of the pair in their happy times, alongside a poster of him mid-jump shot from the year before. she was determined to tell him. each step as he ascended the stairs.

After quickly zipping up her duffle bag, she carefully placed it on the soft carpet. She swiftly darted past him, making sure to avoid his gaze.

She approached the door, he tenderly clutched her arm. "Mia, why are packing up your stuff?" He inquired with genuine worry. Despite the pain she could see in his eyes, she couldn't hold back at this point. "Ja, I've got to tell you something," she exhaled deeply, her frustration apparent in her tone. She locked eyes with him, giving him a piercing stare.

"What is it, baby?" he asked, his concern growing by the second. He needed to know what was going on.

Things haven't been too good for the young couple, especially her boyfriend Temertrius who was better known as the young NBA basketball star Ja Morant, He had been acting wild lately, and their arguments had become more routine. Mia knew that she couldn't keep doing this any longer.

"If you don't get your stuff together, I'm going to leave you and head back to Houston," Mia warned him, her tone firm as she crossed her arms.

As he listened to his girlfriend's words, his face contorted in frustration, his head shaking in disbelief. "Mia, you're not serious right? You can't just leave me like that," Ja reasoned with her. He pulled her in for a warm embrace, and she met his gaze with a stern stare. Gently, he kissed her forehead.

"Okay, you think I'm playing games now but..I'm not. I need you to understand that things need to change or else I can't keep living like this," Mia spat, annoyed, shrugging her shoulders, audible to his ears. She pulled away from Ja's embrace walked out the door.

Ja was left standing in their bedroom, feeling lost and unsure of what to do next. He sat down on their bed and buried his face in his hands.

♡♥︎♡

When the video went viral and the NBA suspended Ja, Mia knew it was time to be prepared. She had all her belongings packed, just in case she had to leave. Her brother Terrence offered to drive her back home to Houston and she accepted, though it was bittersweet.

Leaving was tough because she still loved Ja, but she found the strength to gather herself and move on. Choosing not to stay at her mother's house, as she didn't want to hear her mom say "I told you so," Mia found herself a new apartment. Meanwhile, Ja used his suspension to get his life back on track. What he really needed, though, was Mia back in his arms.