Not Him. | Gianni Paolo.

Reader's Name: Chelsea

Starring: Gianni Paolo as "Brayden" from Power Book ll: Ghost.

♡(Non-smut)♡

♡ (Requested)♡

                      ♡♥︎♡

"How come you're not with Terrence?"

"Terrence was too cocky for me, I think it would be best if you stop your matchmaking with me ." Jewel replied to him, a slight smile curled up as it fell.

"First, it was Sean then Donnie now Terrence? I―" Her father was interrupted by her mother, her palm on his shoulder as she gave her husband a sharp gaze, their eyes on her.

"I'm sorry, but Terrence's cocky behavior is not something I'm interested in. Please don't try to set me up with anyone in the future," Chelsea stated, a small grin playing on her lips.

As soon as Chelsea's father began to object, "It's Sean first, then Donnie, and now Terrence? I―", her mother interrupted him with a firm gaze and a hand on his shoulder. They both redirected their attention to Chelsea, anticipating her reply.

"Darling, I think she's speaking the truth. It's time we put an end to this," chimed in her mother, hoping that he would finally heed their advice.

With a smack of his lips and a dramatic sigh, her father conceded defeat in an instant. "Alright, I concede. I'm actually glad that was the last one," he breathed out with relief.

Chelsea sat comfortably in her cozy kitchen, her father sitting across from her at a square table crafted from rich, dark walnut. The cushioned chair beneath her provided a sense of ease as they engaged in conversation. The room was enveloped in deep green walls, with an open doorway revealing an equally furnished living space.

Chelsea's father was discussing yet another ill-fated scheme, much to her mother's awareness that he was once again pushing the limits.

Her dad was a businessman in  matchmaking services, a successful business over the few years and he's been trying to set his daughter up with some eligible bachelors who are just like him. It's been only two weeks of this and no luck yet, that's what her father said.

Ever since they relocated to New York last year, there was just one young man that caught her attention - Brayden. Her mother was pleased with how he treated her daughter like royalty, with respect and admiration. However, her father had a different opinion.

He refused to acknowledge Brayden by his given name and scowled at him with contempt. Even worse, he would mutter snide remarks under his breath, as if they were inaudible.

The sound of a knock echoed through the house, Chelsea's ears perked up, prompting her to get up from her seat. She made her way to the front door, pulling back the red velvet curtain that covered the rectangular window to reveal Brayden standing on the other side. A brief moment of eye contact caused her cheeks to flush with a shy, girlish blush.