Hooked On You. | Woody McClain.

Reader's Name: Deja

Reader's Name: Deja.
Starring: Woody McClain as "Cane Tejada" from Power Book ll: Ghost.

(a/n: he is so fine,😩❤️)

                    ▶︎▶︎ Part 1/3.◀︎◀︎

♡♥︎♡

Her black timberlands clicked up the concrete steps, the wind brushed against her richly pigmented face. Her manicured hand gripped the brass doorknob and strolled into the medium-sized living room. Her brown pupils scanned the space, taking in the four amber-orange painted walls surrounding her, the walls were adorned with a few family picture frames and artwork. The scent of weed and cologne filled her nostrils while the door slammed shut behind her. Her eyelids widened in shock.

With lightning-fast reflexes, she spun on her heel and retrieved her sleek Beretta Model 81 from her handbag. Waving the gun, she pressed it firmly against his forehead, her face dark and threatening. she recognized the man before her, her eyes narrowed and she smacked her lips in distaste. "You're not exactly who I want to see right now," she spat, her voice dripping with venom. "It's like that now? You ain't happy to see me, baby?" Cane grinned mischievously, his fingers deftly moving the gun away from his forehead. Unfazed by her fierce demeanor, he met her glare head-on.

The notorious drug dealer, Cane Tejada, was both her sworn enemy and secret lover. As the oldest son of the powerful Tejada dynasty, his influence was felt throughout the city.

"What the fuck do you want Cane? I'm busy right now, and aren't you supposed to be talking with your mom or still stalking Tariq around his campus?" Deja snapped bitterly, uninterested in his presence.

Deja was the second child of the Pierce family, sandwiched between her older sister, Diamond, and her younger sister, Destiny. The Pierces were renowned in their ways for their business in the drug cartel, with Deja's parents, Dana and Divine, at the center.

Despite their initial hopes of steering their daughters toward higher education, the girls all eventually became entangled in the family business. Growing up quickly, their gentle natures were hidden behind their cutthroat tendencies.  Diamond was the cool and cutthroat one, while Deja exuded a silent but deadly intelligence. Meanwhile, Destiny was the most ruthless and cunning of the trio. These sisters were the epitome of a little sugar, spice, and everything not so nice.

The Pierce and Tejada families had been at odds for as long as anyone could remember. If any member of either clan happened upon the other, an altercation was sure to follow - and it wouldn't be pretty. But unknown to their parents and siblings, Deja and Cane had been engaging in a secret rendezvous. Their first intimate encounter was meant to be a one-time thing, but Cane couldn't resist the urge to see her again.

The problem was that Deja was just as hooked as he was. She couldn't stop thinking about how he had touched her and the intense way they had locked eyes and lips. They were like addictive drugs to each other, and now they were hopelessly entangled.