•𝟒𝟎•

Happy Reading lovesss!!!!

Author's POV

Lavina was shaken up due to the encounter with her still-evil aunt. As she entered the room preparing herself to not let it show in front of Abhimaan, taking deep breaths to keep the tears at bay, she saw him sitting on the couch doing some work on his IPad as he couldn't bring his laptop here midst of family get together.

He looked up at her, she almost lost the self control and cried but she quickly looked away and straight went in the closet. She took her clothes and went for a shower freshening up from all the touches which reminded her of her crazy childhood.

The way her aunt held her jaw today made her that kid once again who never spoke about it to anyone except her pillow which would soak up all her tears.

She cried in the shower to hide the pain from her husband, whom she knew by now would have stabbed the same hand of her aunt with that same fucking IPad.

She started hiccuping from crying too much, she cursed herself for being such a coward, always running from things and crying turning into a ball, she should stand for herself but the image which was made of her aunt in her mind left its traces which can't be removed.

She knows that she is more powerful and strong physically than her aunt as she is a oldie now but mental strength runs away at the mention of her name.

She quickly wore her clothes as it was almost 1 hour since she was in here and Abhimaan is not gonna rest until she appears in front of him all fit and fine. He will ask hundreds of questions and she can dodge that but not his eyes, they go so deep staring in her soul that she opens her heart within a second through her eyes.

She will not look at his eyes. Simple.

She did deep breathing for 2 minutes to calm herself down and checked for any tears or dark circles traces which could tell about her state. None. Perfect.

She entered in the room acting casually and went to her vanity table picking up the moisturizer. She was trying to read his expressions as he was staring at her for too long now. Her back was freezed up from his glares.

As she took some moisturizer in her palm, a hand came in her view with a tissue wiping off the cream which she was going to apply on her face.

She looked up startled at his face, met his eyes, quickly looked down remembering the pledge she took of not looking in his eyes tonight.

She frowned as he threw the tissue in the dustbin. He stood leaning on the vanity table just in front of her chair directly making a hole in her head by his glares as she was not looking at him but her hands in confusion.

"Why did you do that?" She asked still not looking up.
"Look up at me and then ask"

She hesitantly looked up at him staring at his nose now, still not his eyes though, and asked again.

"Now tell me, why did you do that?"
He sighed at her question and the way she was looking at him with so much hesitancy.

He knows these expressions, its almost 9 months since they are married for God's sake, he can tell everything about her behavior in seconds thanks to his attentiveness and him being in Mafia.

"What were you doing?" he asked her back

She frowned but replied
"I was applying moisturizer on my face like every night?"
"Yeah?" she nodded

He kneeled down in front of her and said.
"Now tell me whats wrong? Cause i don't think you apply foundation BB cream on your face as a moisturizer at night"

Shit. What?

She looked at the tube lying on the table with BB written in big letters on it almost smirking at her condition. She cursed herself for the blunder. Too busy in reading his expressions earlier did that.

"Oh..I- I must have mistaken it for my moisturizer " she said stuttering looking at the tube not daring to look down at his eyes.

"I asked you what's wrong baby."
"Nothing. Why would anything be wrong?" She asked
"I don't know. You will tell me that."
"No. Nothing is wrong."
"Do you forget who I am? Or that I know you too well? And first look at me when am talking to you. Why are hiding when nothing is wrong?"

She looked up at him tired of this game now. He raised his eyebrows as he searched her eyes finding everything wrong. The red corners of her eyes indicating the sadness in them as he was looking at them being too close to her, every single vein was visible to his eyes. Her eyes almost glossy and under eye skin had become stretchy from rubbing them too much.

"What happened?" He asked so softly that she almost cried and he noticed the tearing up form of her. She cleared her throat.
"Nothing happened. The face wash went in my eyes causing all of this. Nothing much. It happens."

He looked at her bored of that excuse.
"Really? This excuse? Couldn't find anything better?" he asked in bored tone.

She chuckled at his tone and looked at her hands shutting her eyes tightly to stop the tears.

"Yeah, thats what happened. Now, lets go sleep. I am tired from all the talks downstairs. "

She quickly stood up from the intimidating situation and went to lie on her side.
She lied down as Abhimaan also lied down beside her taking her in his arms.
She almost was gonna enter her dreamland when she heard a soft but hurt whisper.

"You didn't call my name once in our conversation. That tells me enough about your condition and you don't want to tell me. Fine. I won't pester you about it. But I will kill whoever did this. I swear on my love for you."

She buried her face in his chest now realizing how she can't hide a thing from him. He read her like an open book now. She didn't say his name because when she calls him Maan, she tells him everything related to her at the softness that clouds his eyes when he hears that name. She didn't want to do that.

She didn't want to end the happiness of her parents who brought her uncle in this family again with so much love, excitement and joy. She can't ruin it because of just some childhood bitter memories.

She can't separate her uncle and father who met after so many years of tension between them.

She will stay away from her aunt now. Nothing bad will happen then. She will stand for herself if her aunt decides to do some shit like that again.

She slept with determined thoughts on how to reply to the harsh remarks. All ready for the conversation with that woman now.

Abhimaan stared at her face as she slept.
"I knew from your face at the appearance of your aunt, that you were sad and hurt. Don't worry babe. I will do anything to make you happy. I promise." He whispered kissing her forehead.
He too then slipped in his dreamland.

Heyy guyss....Here is your next episode.
Hope you all liked it...
Tell me what you think about it??
Vote. Comment. Share.
Till next one..
BYEE BYE LOVESSSSS....LOVE YOU PPL <333