62) Dwarves

Light peeks through a slit between the curtains, waking Eddy from his sleep. He blinks against the brightness. Damn, he has a headache and his throat hurts like hell. His eyes fly open, suddenly remembering last night clearly. Oh no. Did last night really happen? Did he really throw up in a bin and did Brett really see. Did he really put him through that?
He looks at the man he's lying on. Sweet, sweet Brett. How wonderful has he been for him? Last night he has shown him a totally new side of him. Who would have thought that Brett could be this caring?

Brett stirs a bit.
Is it because he notices that Eddy is awake?
Brett opens an eye cautiously.
"Hi." He says while he smiles lazily and kisses him on his forehead.
"How did you sleep?"

Eddy thinks for a moment. Woah, actually...
"Surprisingly not that bad. I didn't wake up until now."
His voice croaks as he tries to get the morning stiffness off his vocal cords.

"Good. I hoped you would sleep well this night. Sleep makes everything better."
A hint of worry crosses Brett's face as he eyes him closely.
"How are you feeling?"

It's actually surprising how reasonable he feels. Brett is here. He stayed with him. It's so much better to wake up beside someone. Does he know how much that means to him? He won't say it, of course, but he's so relieved he's not alone.
"A bit better. Headache though. Some dwarves are trying to mine diamonds inside my head or something like that. The light hurts."

"Oh! I'll get you some aspirin. Hold on."
Brett tries to get up, but Eddy presses his weight on him so he can't leave.

"No. Don't leave me yet. Please?"
Oh, did it sound too desperate?
To be fair, he is though. He really doesn't want him to leave.

Brett just smiles and pulls him in closer.
"Of course not. What was I thinking?"

Eddy would laugh it off, but he just can't. Not now. He puts his head heavily on Brett's chest, listening to his heartbeat drumming a steady relaxing beat. It keeps him from thinking too hard. Yesterday's mantra is only a whisper now and he wants to keep it that way. He wishes the hammering would stop as well. He sighs contentedly. He turns some more so he's lying flush against Brett, and when he puts his leg between his in search for more closeness, his knee bumps into something hard, the location unmistakably.

"Oh! Wow. That's some morning wood." he blurts out before he knows it.

Brett chuckles.
"Hmm? You think this is morning wood? Okay. That's cute." Brett hums as he kisses the top of his head.

"Huh? It's not?" Eddy asks shyly.

"Listen. I'm in bed with a super-hot man besides me, dressed in only a shirt and some boxers, and you expect me to not react?" Brett chuckles again.
"It's not that I'm going to do anything with it, probably. Al least not until I know how you are feeling, but this? This is beyond my control. Sorry."

Eddy blushes.
"You don't have to say that." he mumbles.

"Shouldn't I? Didn't know it would make you uncomfortable. I'll take a cold shower later on."

"No, it's not that, but... you know... I, euh..."

"Listen, Eddy." Brett interrupts before he can finish his search for words. "You may think you're not a 10, but I'm allowed to see things differently. You want me to enlighten you with what my brain thinks about this subject?"

Eddy blushes some more, but doesn't say anything. How can he ask such a thing?

"Oh, that looks cute on you. Now I really have to tell you. But first I'm going to get you some aspirin and a glass of water to convince those dwarves to take a break. Let them go look for Snow White or something."
Brett gently pushes Eddy aside and slips out of bed. He is quick to return with said items and holds them out for Eddy to take them.

Eddy swallows and makes a face. That stuff is bitter, but it will help without a doubt.
"Thanks."

Brett takes the glass and puts it on the nightstand. Then he climbs into the bed again and pulls Eddy against him once more.
"You know I love waking up like this? Looking at you first thing when I open my eyes is the most perfect start of the day." He kisses Eddy's head. With his free hand he plays with Eddy's hair, twirling it around a finger, then pulling it softly so that it comes loose again.
"I never thought I would want this again. Even if I could, again. But you here in my arms is the best thing ever."

Eddy laughs quietly.
"Who are you and what have you done with Brett?"

"Is it so weird to want that?" Brett smiles.

"No, but you talking like that is. You haven't been this open about... liking me... like this."

"Thought it was time to speak up. I haven't been telling you what I truly felt. Think I was a bit scared? But when I heard you talk about yourself like you did yesterday? That's not good. It's my job as your boyfriend to make clear how I see you. So I'm going to set things right from now on."

"You don't have to, you know. Not because of me being like yesterday. I just gets that way sometimes. I'm glad you're here though."
Eddy sighs contentedly. It's nice that he's playing with his hair. Could he be as honest as Brett is being? After all, a relationship where he can speak his mind is what he has always wanted.
"Boyfriend'. You have no idea how much I like it when you say that."

"Well, we are boyfriends, no? So get used to it."
Brett lifts Eddy's head and kisses him sweetly.
"God, it never ceases to amaze me how good this feels."

Eddy giggles like a schoolgirl.
"Stop it. You're making me blush and act like some giddy teenager."

"And you said that you're not cute?"
He pushes a strand of hair out of Eddy's face, caressing his cheek in the process.
"Hey, Eddy, my sweet man, how is your headache?"

"Mostly gone. Think the medicine is working."

"Great. Then will you let me show you?"

Eddy looks at him questioningly.
"Hm? Show me what?"

"How I see you?"
Brett sweetly smiles Eddy's confusion away.
"You are the one with the nice words, Eddy. I'm more of a man of action. Let me?"