- 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Third person.

"Whatever happens, you will love and be loved by the right person."

Aera still vividly remembers the words Heeseung said to her that night, despite not wanting to believe it at first. When Aera could finally say out loud that she had gotten over Lee Heeseung, it didn't necessarily mean that her heart was open to love someone new again. She loved Heeseung as much as he loved her, and though she has stopped thinking about him every minute, the good memories Heeseung left for her still show up from time to time.

For a short but unforgettable period, Heeseung was her only love, and loving Heeseung was so good, that it became too painful at the end.

But Jongseong.

But... Jongseong.

Jongseong loves her in some ways that might've been how Heeseung made her feel, but also in ways of his own. What differentiates him from the past is that he stayed by her side longer than she bet how long he could, and there, he never left.

After all, she was the main reason why he kept coming back to the library.

"Aera, I'll wait for you until you're ready again. But please, don't pressure yourself into reciprocating what I feel towards you, because even if you can't, I'll always be here."

Aera's breath hitched with a dumbstruck gaze as she followed up with everything he said. And again, she cried, but not because the love hurts.

Jongseong courting her for almost a year ascertains that promises can be kept and done when you're willing to do so. It's difficult not to love him back when he's the definition of a man written by a woman. He's everything Aera could ask for, and because of his sweetest forms of gestures and irresistible charms, Aera learned to love him back in the fullness of time.

The day a year after he confessed to her, she gave him her yes.

'Hee, I finally found the right person.'

━━━━━

The lazy walk to the kitchen surprised Aera with a wrap of arms around her waist from behind, feeling someone's chin lying on her shoulder. Aera smiles, putting her hands over his.

"Good morning?" She chuckles.

"Good morning." Jongseong hums back, his eyes closed, securing his arms around her tighter. Feeling ticklish, Aera yelps and wriggles herself out, only to meet Jongseong's morning grumpy face.

"Wash up. I'll make breakfast today." Aera states as a command, motioning him to do as she told him to.

"No, I'll make the breakfast, you sit down." Jongseong refuses, shaking his head.

"But you were too tired from work yesterday!"

"So are you, baby!" He asserts. Their voices have risen just because of their early morning bickering.

"I know but it's my turn to cook. You always do it even when you're exhausted. I appreciate you being an excellent cook, but don't you wanna appreciate me cooking for you as well?" Aera provides an argument, her hands on her hips as she stares at Jay who grows silent. Then, she gasps with wide eyes.