- 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Third person.

Just like Heeseung said, they drove to the town park for the Ferris wheel after they ate. Aera's perseverance on paying for their meal or even half of it did not work on Heeseung who gave his card and paid for the entirety before Aera could. The grouching girl swore to herself she'd pay for the next three meals they'll have when they go out again.

They paid for the Ferris wheel and stood in line patiently. Their only wish is that waiting wouldn't take the whole night. The Ferris wheel is huge and had these capsules rather than just seats. An empty pod that's wide enough for the two of them opens at last, and they get in.

Aera quickly fishes out her cell phone to take a video as they move up, pausing every few minutes and going on again. The stunning town view has them staring at it with evident mesmerization while being next to each other, their shoulders brushing as they hold the rails in front of them.

Aera looks at Heeseung, her soft eyes glimmering with her heart skipping a beat for the millionth time. No doubt, she has fallen for him. She doesn't need to be scared when her feelings are valid for liking someone who makes her authentically happy, comforted, safe, and most of all, loved- whether romantically or not.

So is it too early to confess now? There might be something to lose if she does, she might lose him. But at the same time, would Heeseung really leave her like a speck of dust if she tells him the truth?

Most people wouldn't even dare themselves to confess for the sake of not losing the person they're gone for, but they get the consequence of regret, and no longer having them in the end. Aera doesn't want to regret having feelings for Heeseung. He's worth loving. So, even if it means getting rejected, she wants to let him know what she truly feels for him. The worse that could happen is destroying their relationship and Heeseung leaving her.

But, he wouldn't do that.

She can feel the loudness of her thumping heart, and wonders if Heeseung can feel it too considering the invisible gap between their bodies. In this tranquil moment, Aera gathers the intrepidity left in her to say something she might regret afterward.

Say it.

"I think I like-"

"I'm moving to Japan."

Or maybe, not.

Aera's body freezes on the spot.

Her body tensing up didn't go unnoticed by Heeseung whose head ducks down after dropping the bomb. Aera never thought she'd hear those from him. What is he even saying? He doesn't say anything after.

Confusion is what's written all over her face in all the different fonts that exist. She doesn't search for confirmation in hopes that he's keeping in a laugh for his stupid nerve-wracking joke whatsoever. When she meets his eyes, there is no grin but a look of guilt.

"W-what... what do you... do you mean?" Aera stammers, brows are drawn together, wanting to hear it again. Could've she misheard it?

"My family and I... we- we are moving to Japan. And we are staying there for good. My parents have settled everything with their new higher jobs, and our house. I'll continue my studies and graduate there. I might come back in a few years, you know, to pursue my career." He says all at once, just how he practiced before in case he'd mess it up further. He sighs as he looks at Aera's saddened expression he can't believe he's the reason behind it.

"This is where my dreams are supposed to be in the first place." He mumbles.

Meanwhile, Aera can't let go of the thought that Heeseung is... leaving. Leaving her?