- 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Third person.

Aera took the bus crying last night, leaving Heeseung at the park after they kissed. Heeseung could've tried to catch up again (what for?) but he got another phone call, so he left the park and drove his way home.

Blocking the voices of the people who tried to speak to her when they saw her getting inside the house was what Aera did rather than putting on a subtle act, locking herself in her bedroom and crying herself asleep. Meanwhile, Heeseung came home to a surprise farewell party for him and his family, planned by his friends.

Confetti was all over him and down the floor when Riki popped it directly to his face once he turned on the lights, and a party banner with stolen pictures of him he wasn't even aware existed on it was hung on the wall in the living room (it looked like a birthday party, no lie). It distracted him from the thought of Aera, deciding to enjoy this last party with them and he can't express his gratitude enough towards his friends who he has known for years.

At the end of the night, with everyone knocked up in the living room with tear-stained faces, Heeseung was still wide awake. He got up, leaving to go to the balcony.

And under the stars and the crescent moon and everything above watching over him, was himself finally shedding a tear after another. For once, he let himself feel vulnerable and poured out what had been too overwhelming for him. He is used to bottling up his troubles and being the person to be here for someone, but now, he needs someone. To hear that everything's going to be just fine because he couldn't bare to believe in himself anymore if he tells it again himself.

'We'll be fine, Heeseung.' Aera's voice echoes through his mind over and over again.

With the love he can't pursue, the new life he's about to have, and the dreams he has always worked hard on through his whole life to earn.

Will everything be okay?

━━━━━

On the next day, all Aera heard from Heeseung was a good morning and a question if she got home safely last night, adding that he didn't get to text her the moment he got home as there was a mini party at his house. Aera quickly replies with enthusiasm to all his messages, but it has been two hours and he still hasn't replied or even open the chat.

Aera's not too upset over that fact though, because she knows how busy he must be right now. Instead, she's in the kitchen, the countertop full of snacks and sweets for no other than herself only. She munches on a chocolate muffin her mom baked yesterday, her grumpy face not upholding the delicious taste.

"Yo, Aera, there's a package delivered for you. Did you order something? What's with this white ribbon..." Miyoung comes in, carrying a box in her arms that is named under Han Aera's name.

"Hm? I didn't order anything..." Aera confusingly takes the box from her sister, scanning it weirdly at first.

That is until she saw what was written on the side of it.

For the prettiest girl, Han Aera
From, Heeseung.

"Who's it from?" Miyoung tries to peek over.

"Bye." Aera immediately flees the kitchen to go to her bedroom, passing by her mother without recognizing her presence.

Once she got inside, she kicks the door close and sits on her bed. Before opening the box she received from Heeseung, she opens her phone to see if there's any update from him. But there's none.