- 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Third person.

Standing in the center of the stage with his bandmates and a crowd waiting, Heeseung has got to focus and take his eyes off Aera. It's not like any other day when he can ditch everything to talk to her.

Smiling for the ninth time- which caused some girl to shout three words ("You're so handsome!"), he suddenly feels bashful by the hype they're getting.

"So, this first song we're gonna perform tonight might be a great way of confessing to the person you've been liking secretly." As a result of Heeseung's opening of the song's introduction, major shrieks and titters interrupt.

"May it be for a friend, a classmate, or someone you've known since childhood. You never thought you'd ever like them, but here you are having feelings with the most angelic person in the world, and you want to be something more with them. We would often choose not to express ourselves knowing the risk of losing them, wouldn't we? I mean, I get it. It's not easy to face them all of a sudden and go, hey, what if I told you that I've fallen?"

The drums strike.

"What if I told you that I've fallen?"

Like a shot, the song begins. A few were able to immediately recognize the song as they chanted along.

Although Aera had never heard of the song before, the first lines took a hold of her heart. She leans on the table and stares at no one but the vocalist himself.

"I'm okay with being by your side for as long as I can hide. Never mind, never mind."

Jiwoo sways her hands with the melody while Aera sits still and deeply stares at him, her mind wandering to a thousand things. There's a fuzzy feeling within her and she knows she shouldn't be feeling it, but to her defense, Heeseung hits too differently smiling against the mic as he nods to the instrumental beat. How Heeseung looks at his bandmates and giggles at them.

The main reason Aera had a tiny crush on him when she met him at the grocery store was for being so handsome. When they got to know each more, she realizes that there was so much more than his captivating looks. The guy's practically good at everything. Is it possible for a man to get even more handsome in someone's eyes because of the way he is?

Is Aera seriously swooning over Heeseung right now?

Screw this. So what if she is? He's every girl's dream man. And if Aera were ever to be honest, hers too.

The tiny crush she has for him never faded. How could be it when they've gotten so close for the past few months? On a daily basis, someone would always be expecting a text from the other to complete their day.

However, Aera knows she's being careful not to grow stronger feelings. Telling him her past in just a night already crossed a huge step. Being friends with him is enough if that's the only way to have him by her side longer.

"Without a warning, now I'm falling for this picture on my phone."

Aera must be feeling caught in the moment. She wonders how many inside this bar are with the person they secretly just want to be with. Hopefully, the lyrics and the stolen glances are enough to send the signals.

She grins with her heart-shaped lips when Heeseung looked back at her once again. The light above her head made her the highlight in Heeseung's view. As their eyes connected and spoke without words, they feel contented.

Oh, if only she can spare a second to take a look at the person past behind him, then she would see that it wasn't just the singer whose heart she's stolen.

What if I told you that I've fallen?

━━━━━

"I thought you weren't drinking?" Jiwoo shows concern as Aera downs her second shot of tequila. They've been at the bar stand ever since the last band finished performing. There were no more performances on stage but the music goes on with different songs playing around.

"I'm not gonna get drunk! My tolerance ain't that low." Aera chuckles and places the glass on the table, spinning herself around the stool.

Aera was trying not to look anywhere with her frisky eyes, afraid that she might see Heeseung. Not after all her messy thoughts which now made her ambivalent about what she really thought of him.

Huh, guess that was also the reason why she pushed Jiwoo off her chair immediately so they could leave their table.

On the other hand, Heeseung's plan of finding her had to be postponed caused of his friends celebrating. He couldn't find the girl when they went off the stage and, as much as possible, he so didn't want to make it obvious that he was looking for someone.

"Here's to our little Jungwon finally having his first-ever shot!" Laughter invades as Jungwon hides his face after gulping the alcohol in his cup.

Heeseung laughs calmly and chugs down what was left on his cup. He pretends to pay attention to the several stories going after one another to stop thinking of a specific person.

Until a swift glance caused him to catch sight of Aera. He did a double-take on her and didn't waste any more time when he was sure of who he saw.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Heeseung taps Jaeyun's shoulder and abruptly walked off, ignoring the questions coming from the table.

He tried not to keep his eyes off Aera but eventually lost her. He went searching without going too far. He just wants to talk to her. Or more so, he badly wants to see her.

At last, the ladies' restroom opens right before Heeseung could go past it, and there, Aera shows up.

"Hi, pretty."

Aera stares at him for a moment and vice versa. Heeseung quickly notices the rose cheeks and when he stepped closer to her, the familiar smell of alcohol was evident.

"Did you drink?" Heeseung furrows his eyebrows.

"Yeah, two shots of tequila? Or was it three... I'm not drunk! Still sober." Aera babbles, running her fingers through the hair that was covering her face.

"Oh." Heeseung nods, followed by awkwardness as he didn't know what else to say. They were blocking the way to the restroom and stepped aside from the entrance.

"Isn't it too noisy?" Heeseung winces at the loud music, that even his voice was quite inaudible to hear.

Aera knew he was implying something and it was clear enough when Heeseung juts his hand out, tilting his head and arching one eyebrow for an answer. She accepted his hand without becoming hesitant. Heeseung entangles their fingers together as they then walk through the many people.

Keeping her eyes away from the noticeable difference in their hand sizes together is undeniably impossible for Aera to do.

━━━━━━━━━━

Sorry for any errors :[

The song's name is "Fallen" by a
Filipino band called Lola Amour. The
lyrics are fully English so go ahead
and listen to it wink wink