- 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Third person.

"Basketball at this hour, really?" Aera looks dubiously at the empty basketball court in front of where they pulled up. The court is down by a neighborhood and is supported by streetlights and the gentle wind.

"It's fun." Heeseung says in fluent English, hinting that he's up for something (which he is), and unlocks the car.

Aera, without further objections, follows him to the center of the playing field. Heeseung knew where the ball was, and in a matter of seconds, Aera saw him dribbling it to the ground and in and out between his legs.

"Where did that come from?" Aera implies the ball in his hands, laughing briefly.

"Near the bleachers over there, always where it is. This is where you would always find my friends after school, rather than going home straight to do homework. I go here with my dad too." Heeseung tells her and, with no heads-up, shoots toward the basket.

Mouth parting in amazement, Aera should've known already that Heeseung would make the ball go into the hoop. She claps, impressed, while Heeseung runs after the ball with a smug look.

"I forgot you were good at this." Aera utters.

"I'm good?" Heeseung quirks a brow before doing another effortless shoot.

"Oh, my bad, you're a legend." Aera rolls her eyes at his cocky smirk.

"Wanna play with me?" Heeseung invites her, though Aera timidly shakes her head.

"I don't play." She briefly replies.

"You have me. Come on, pretty. I'll teach you." Heeseung's hand motions for her to come.

Aera puckers her lips, mulling over, yet takes off her jacket and her bag, leaving them on the bleachers nevertheless. She jogs toward Heeseung, waiting on what she should do.

The simple demonstrations commenced, and it was as if Aera signed up for one-on-one training with a coach because that's what they are doing. Heeseung tries to teach her the basics of basketball, to which Aera follows and attempts to do as he says. Laughter and playful fusses have been going around the court, and Aera admits she is having a good time playing basketball at a late hour.

"So, you spread your feet a little and bend your knees. As you extend your arms, your stronger hand should be behind the ball while the other one's on the side, okay? Now shoot it and try to let it go in a straight direction towards the rink, got it? Go on." Heeseung gently moves her body to the correct posture and steps back once he thinks it's right.

"How am I supposed to-?" Aera laughs in a slightly panicking voice, trying to compose her balance.

"Just try it, pretty. It's okay!" Heeseung returns the laugh while waiting for Aera to do it.

On her first attempt, she releases the ball after a short jump, nearly falling to her feet. She watches with a bummer at the ball's amiss direction, heading past the hoop.

Heeseung hisses at the tough luck and gets the ball, seeing the grimaced expression of Aera making him chuckle.

"That's okay, pretty. It was very close for your first try." He gestures for a high-five.