- 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Third person.

For nearly an hour, all six were huddled inside the studio room to rehearse for the band gig in two days. They went over the songs they were gonna play, none would call it a hard challenge since they'd played the same songs before, they just need to get back used to it.

They were on a break for the time being. Three of them ran down to the store and buy something to eat while the rest decided to stay with their instruments.

While listening to his friends jamming, Heeseung drinks from his bottle of water, and at the same time and his phone rings unnoticed by him.

"Hey... someone named "pretty" is calling you." Jungwon, beside the older, points at the caller id with his eyes.

Heeseung almost choked on his water and looked at Jungwon's judging eyes. Slowly, he picks his phone up and presses the green button. All while keeping eye contact that holds a signal with the latter until he sighed and left him alone.

"Aera?" Heeseung called, being the first to speak about something on the call. He was skeptical whether he should worry or be surprised that Aera called all of a sudden.

"Hi, Heeseung... haha. Hi."

━━━━━

Aera must be out of her stupid mind for calling him when, to be honest, there is absolutely no reason why she should.

Only just a few minutes ago, she was finishing an essay. She still should be doing it now when a name popped (clue: Lee Heeseung) into her mind and she realized- Oh! She hasn't messaged him anything since two days ago!

But that's okay, Aera, he must have something going on. You two aren't obliged to be texting every day and night. He's got a life as well. Yeah, tell yourself that.

Oh, does she wish she listened to herself? She could've been finished with her essay now. Instead, she took her phone and did the most unnecessary thing. What's a great way to talk to a guy who you got nothing with except being friends? Call.

Why. did. you. call.

"Hi, Heeseung... haha. Hi." She lets out a dry chuckle, regretting it shortly afterward. No, she regrets calling him in the first place. Why did she even think of it? What's the reason?!

"Do you need anything, pretty?" Heeseung asked, making Aera feel bad and embarrassed.

"Nope, nothing, I just um... I was doing some work but my mind's not in the right place anymore, so I'm giving myself a break. Whatcha' up to?" Aera tries to play it cool. At least what she said is partially true.

"Ah, I see. Don't work up yourself on that too much. I'm with my band- no actually, with my friends. We're practicing for this sort of gig we got." Heeseung chuckled.

"A band gig? You're in a band?!" Aera replied amused.

"Yeah, with my friends I told you stories about." And just then, Heeseung requests a face call.

Aera promptly straightened her back and turned on her lamp for better lighting. She checks her face in the mirror and curses at herself before accepting. They both smiled seeing each other through the screen.

"Let me show you." Heeseung flipped the camera for Aera to see the room which was occupied with instruments and devices. As well as she saw a man but she barely saw his face as Heeseung puts the front camera back.

"Cool. What do you play?" Aera questioned.

"I'm the vocalist. I also play the guitar sometimes." Heeseung raises both his eyebrows and smiled.

"I figured." Aera laughs and claps her hands.

"When's the event?" Aera swirls in her chair.

"Hyung! Come eat before we go back to rehearsing!" A voice interrupts Heeseung's line. Aera sees how Heeseung nods and gives a thumbs up but points out that he's on a call.

"Friday night. Hey, I'd love to talk more with you but they're calling me now." Heeseung talks speedily.

"No worries! You heard them, better go eat something before you start, yeah?" Aera tells him.

"Will do, pretty. Text you later." Heeseung waves before he ends the call.

Now that's done, perhaps her heart could stop racing so fast too.

"Lovely chat, eh?"

Aera flinches and turns around, seeing Jiwoo in her bed eating a bowl of grapes.

"How long have you been there?" Aera asks.

"Since you were being reluctant if you should call him or not. It surprised me that you did, even though you started panicking and jumping in your seat." Jiwoo pops another grape in her mouth.

"And?" Aera tries to follow her words.

"Nothing. Just, in my head, you acted like... you know." Jiwoo alluded, and it's either Aera's being oblivious or she doesn't wanna take "you know" into a different account.

"I acted like what? Did I look like a fool while we were talking? If you were him, would you think I was being clingy? I was certainly not!" Area blabber in denial.

"Figure it out yourself. I'm just gonna say nothing. Oh, look! I'm out of grapes." Jiwoo feigns a loud gasp at her empty bowl and got up to the kitchen, a terrifying weird laugh exiting her mouth.

"I'm sure I was not!" Aera raises her voice to Jiwoo.

She takes a deep breath and blows it out, cracking her knuckles to get back on her work. Whatever Jiwoo had implanted in her mind that caused her to overthink, forget it.

━━━━━

Right after ending the call with Aera, he joined his friends gathered on the floor. Chinese foods were scattered as some began to dig in like starving animals.

"That's yours, hyung." Sunoo points out the food on the table.

"Thanks." Heeseung grabbed it with some chopsticks.

"Eyes up the camera!" Sunoo raises his phone and smiles cheekily at the camera. He quickly took a shot before the others could comprehend what happened.

"I wasn't ready! Delete that." Jaeyun fusses.

"Oh, please. I'm sending it to the group chat so Riki can see how we're doing." Sunoo answered nonchalantly.

"You just want to annoy him because he's not here but doing his homework." Jongseong ironically speaks Sunoo's truth.

"That too." 

━━━━━━━━━━

Thank you for reading

𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬﹕heeseungजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें