- 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Third person.

Heeseung and Aera see each other often, sometimes a tad too much. The café where they met the second time became their spot whenever they want to meet up and have no places to go.

So as usual, Aera was waiting for Heeseung to arrive, sipping on her beverage while scrolling down her phone.

Heeseung comes into the shop, found the girl waiting for him, and took the chair in front of her. That while wearing the biggest smile she's ever seen.

Aera dubiously stares, wondering what got him so smiley. What could be the event happening today? Is it someone's birthday? Is it his birthday? Probably not, but perhaps there is something to celebrate today because from what she recalls from seeing him a lot, Heeseung's mood could either be calm with a nonchalant face or flirtatious if he wants to.

"Spill it before I start to think your weird." Aera started, earning laughter to come out of Heeseung.

"I'm not weird. This day has been great I just can't help myself." Heeseung ran his fingers through his soft black hair.

"God adores you a lot, it's unfair." Aera groaned, but she didn't wanna make it about her when she also wants to know what made his day go great.

"So, what happened?" She proceeded to ask.

"I've finished my work as a cashier! My last shift ended today and they gave me my last payment, plus a bonus." Heeseung spilled cheerfully.

"Really? That's great! You did a great job being a cashier, Heeseung. Proud of you." Aera clapped her hands with a nod as she slightly praised his work well done. Heeseung snickered and smiled widely.

"I'm gonna miss seeing you there, though. The only times I like to do grocery shopping is when I know you're on shift." Aera's cheek sank on her hand curled into a fist, upset enough not to realize what words she let out to make Heeseung smirk. It didn't take her a while to try taking back her words.

"The customers are gonna miss you as well, hah! I bet they're only motivated to go to the grocery store thanks to you and now you're gone." Aera laughed a little too loudly, smacking the armrest of her chair. However, Heeseung paid no interest in that.

"I'm your motivation, huh? I never knew how much you like me. I feel honored. And you don't have to miss me, we're still gonna see each other many times." Heeseung responded, as smoothly as he sounded.

"Shut up, anyway, that's not what I meant." Aera defended herself.

"You're not really good at hiding, pretty." Heeseung retorted, his arms crossed on his chest.

"Just a question, now that you're done working on your part-time job... was that to save money for something or?" Aera impeded to give Heeseung a questioning look.

"Yeah, saving for a camera I wanted to buy. It's more of like, a digital camera, you know, the ones that take good retro pictures for memories." Heeseung described it to Aera, who understood clearly.

"I wanted to have it with my own money. I'm twenty and old enough to do things my way anyway." He proudly confided.

Then, Heeseung paused and fidgeted his fingers while staring at the wooden round-shaped table. From Aera's perspective, he seems like wanting to say something but is hesitating to do so.

"Heeseung? Are you good?" She asked, causing him to lose his thoughts.

"I-" Heeseung halted, shuts his eyes, and shook his head with a suppressed smile, delaying his sentence.

"Yeah, I'm good." He continued. Even though Aera felt suspicious, she didn't wanna push him into saying it, so she lets it go.

An idea that popped into Aera's mind suddenly made her feel like a genius. She snapped her fingers at Heeseung and was startled, meeting his curious eyes.

"Oh my God, I just thought a crazy thing. What if- what if I try to do a part-time job as well?" She inferred. Heeseungs sends her a baffled look.

"Sure, you can. But will you be able to handle studying and the job at the same time?" Heeseung asked. He wasn't doubting her ability to do it, of course, but he's experienced it himself and honestly, it wasn't simple.

"If you were able to do it, why can't I?" Aera emphasized.

"It's exhausting to balance them both. You told me how frustrating it can get on your studies, and what if you get a job that needs your full energy most of the time?" Heeseung reprimanded. Aera thought about what he said and slumped in her seat, sulking.

"I didn't mean that to stop you. If you do think you can, then go ahead." Heeseung said instantly after seeing the pout on her lips formed, and so Aera brightened up once again.

"I actually might, but will you help me look for an easy job?" Aera suggested, excited.

"Job hunting for you might take some little process, but that doesn't sound bad." Heeseung hummed in approval.

"Why, is there something you want to save up for as well?" Heeseung asked, Aera shook her head in response.

"Not in the meantime, I'm just... interested? My parents pay for my college fees and the dorm, and I've been trying to find ways to help them. I don't wanna rely on them too much." Aera replied, stretching her lips thinly.

"You're a good daughter, aren't you? Your parents raised you well." Heeseung joked around, sounding like an old man. Aera chuckled, if only you know.

"Let's look for tomorrow. I have a class that ends at 4:30 and then I'm all free." Heeseung indicated.

"Mine ends at 5." Aera replied.

"Okay, I got you." Heeseung nodded.

Moving on to the conversation faded away, Heeseung and Aera chose not to be bothered by their disappointed feelings in themselves. Because there were more about the answers they gave that they couldn't tell. As they thought they could open up, the lumps in their throats prevented their voices to speak.

It's a little too early anyway.

━━━━━━━━━━

Sorry for the long wait! I didn't
know where the point of this story
was heading to 😭