- 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Third person.

"Thanks for dropping me off at my house, Hee. I can't thank you enough for these flowers, you didn't have to. It was nice going to the movies with you." Aera smiles involuntarily, a fuzzy feeling inside her hasn't left all through the evening.

An endearing combination of baby pink and white roses and peonies complemented with baby's breaths is wrapped in a bouquet held in Aera's arms. Heeseung bought them at a flower shop to surprise her before meeting up outside the cinema. As bashful as it may sound, Aera couldn't stop admiring the flowers throughout the film they watched (blowing off the envious looks from some strangers seated next to them because God, why can't they have what she has?)

Spending time together as much as they can is their goal before he leaves for good. There is only about a week left, and going out together every single day is how they try to cope with reality.

People say that actions speak louder than words. But without those words ("I like you, a lot"), how will they know that the emotional connection they share has turned beyond what they think?

Aera feels ambivalent. Does she wanna get out of the car to collect herself and think of how to get rid of her feelings and get over him when he flies to Japan, or does she wanna stay here for a bit longer as she drowns in his eyes, hoping it would receive the message of her love?

Worrying about moving on can be for some other days. She has tomorrow, and the next day after, or next week, perhaps next year.

There was a slight irresolute before Heeseung pushes himself gently forward, bringing their faces closer. Aera fights the urge to look down at his lips with her hazy vision.

It catches her off-guard when she felt a soft kiss gently planted on her right cheek. Eyes opening in a swift motion, he leaves a chuckle close to her ear.

"You're welcome, pretty. I had fun today, too. I'll see you again tomorrow, yeah?"

Aera wasn't able to process what happened until she got inside the house, sinking her back on the door to touch the exact spot where he had kissed her, below her cheekbone.

She clasps her palm over her mouth to withhold herself from squealing or skipping to her bedroom while giggling because she just got a kiss from Heeseung. Though in a matter of seconds, her mood shifts into another heavy sigh leaving her lips, throwing her head on the door she's leaning on.

"Aera? What are you doing there at the door? Wait... are those flowers?" The voice of her father had her compose her posture, standing away from the door. She clears her throat, tightening her grasp on her bouquet.

"Uh... they're- they're beautiful, aren't they?" She shows them off to bring his focus on how good they look rather than the thought of who would give his daughter these.

"They are. Where'd you get it from?" Her dad might've agreed with her, but that doesn't take away his suspicion.

Living with her stepfather for more than half of her life concludes that he is a lot calmer than her mom. Maybe it's because they both want to keep the good father-daughter relationship they've gained throughout the years without any conflicts. Aera grew even more comfortable with him because of that, and either way, he is never the strict father even to Miyoung.

She's never lied to him big time, so it wouldn't hurt either if she tries to be honest with him right now.

"From a boy... a friend! I went to the movies with him. Don't tell mom, please?" Aera pleads, clasping her hands together.

𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬﹕heeseungजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें