- 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Third person.

Her fifth duty coming to an end, she walks while hugging her coat to head to the nearest bus stop. It was unluckily fifteen minutes away. The boulevard she was walking on had nobody else around except for the cars driving by at a fast speed.

Her cell rang inside her bag. Unhurriedly, she took it out, her eyebrows quirking as she checks the caller's id.

"Hey, pretty. I know you don't like calling but I'm driving right now, and it's easier to ask you if you want to go out with me. If your shift's done, want me to pick you up?" Heeseung'a voice speaks on top of a song in the background.

Aera pondered, chewing on her bottom lip. On the other hand, Heeseung taps the steering wheel patiently while at a red light.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Dinner, if you're hungry. Depends if you consider my invitation." Heeseung responded promptly, the soft airy chuckle coming out after.

"I'm free, so yeah. But I've left the library a few minutes ago. I'm on my way to the bus stop right now." Aera stated.

"Where are you exactly?" Heeseung asked.

"Not sure. Across the small playground? It's five minutes away from the library." Aera answered as her eyes roamed around.

"Could you wait for me where you're standing right now? Don't leave." Heeseung said, glancing at the green light, and began to move.

"Right, okay. Um, could you make it quick?" Aera requested and instantly got a short hum from the other line.

"I'll be there in no time." Heeseung complied.

She ended the call and waited as she was told. The cold night felt heavy, light only given by the post light a few meters away from her.

And while waiting to see Heeseung's black Mercedes in sight, she doesn't focus on the presence coming her way. Beside her, a man stood. He was tall and looked around his twenties, though he was not Heeseung or any guy she knows of. She glances at the stranger standing close to her as if they've known each other.

She took a step further, only for the man to scoot closer. She looks aside, not bothering to take a look at his face. Another guy, yet shorter, waddled toward him unsteadily. Seeing the bottle of beer gripped in his hands as he snakes his arm around the shoulders of his friend (Aera assumes), she knew they were both drunk. She could feel both their stares on her.

"Hey, miss." They called, but she ignores them.

"Do you hear us?" They added. Once again, Aera decided to play deaf.

"Hey, come on." One guy attempted to hold her wrist, going unnoticed by the girl as she swats her arm away and stepped back.

"Why are you- I don't know you." Aera spat out.

"Eh? But we just want to offer you a drink." They said, his eyes were drowsy, waving the bottle that was nearly done.

"You seem to be alone. Care to join us?" They added, one stifling a chuckle. Aera scoffed, aware of what was happening.