- 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Third person.

"Miyoung~ Guess what?" Aera chirped, pulling up a chair as her older sister prepares the table.

"Just say it." Miyoung uttered, the clanking sound of plates being too loud.

"I'm gonna look for a job tomorrow. You know, as a part-timer?" Aera revealed. Miyoung doubtfully looked and examined her face to see if she was serious, turns out she was.

"Are you really? I thought you were too busy to make time for anything else." Miyoung replied skeptically. Nonetheless, Aera has already made up her decision a while ago.

"I can manage it, I swear! It's gonna be good for me and it's a work experience! I'm still gonna focus on my studies, and maintain my grades... So?" Aera stares at her with convincing eyes, pleading for permission.

"Why are you asking me? Have you told mom or dad?" Miyoung implored.

"I called dad and he agreed immediately, he's even proud of me. Ma's not easy to persuade. She gonna throw a lot of questions about it, and she might even think it's because they're not giving enough money. I don't want her to stop me, so approval from one parent should be enough." Aera affirmed.

"Aera, you do know our dad's gonna tell her?" Miyoung replied, stating the obvious.

"That's why I told him not to say anything for now until I get my first payment." Aera already has a scheme, and to her, things are going just as planned.

Miyoung sighed but said nothing else. All she did was make Aera sit down and call Jiwoo as it was time for supper.

▔▔▔▔▔

Two days since Aera have been looking for a job and it was tougher than she thought. She got too excited that she didn't think about how it would actually go. The requirements that she might be asked for are fine as her college resume is excellent. She walks side by side with Heeseung.

"We've visited a few shops yet it seems that none of them are hiring new people. I was hoping to be a barista or something." Aera puckered her lips and laughed silently at herself.

"Don't lose hope just yet. You'll find the right job for you eventually." Heeseung laughed at the dismayed girl.

And as if the universe was listening to them, a blue flyer sticking on the glass wall of the library that says: looking for a new library assistant to work with! 17 and above, caught the pair's eyes.

"Heeseung, don't you think that's perfect?" Aera tugged the arm of Heeseung.

"If we go check it out, maybe?" Heeseung implied.

They went inside the local library, visited by the majority of high school students. Aera goes to the desk, where she is met by an old lady, known as the librarian.

"Library assistant? Oh, that's great. Why don't have a small interview and talk about it?"

Heeseung waits, searching for books he doesn't need but wanted to see if they're there. Okay, he might have gone interested in one book, reading about five pages or more.

He leaned against the corner of the shelf, flipping to the next page. Disturbed by the presence of someone close to him, he flinched causing a woman to chuckle. Surprisingly, he knew her.

"It's nice to see you outside the campus." She said. Heeseung grinned.

"Yeri, what's up?" Heeseung knows her for taking the same major course and always seeing each other in the same building made them quite close.

"Just visiting my spot, I just came from practicing with the band. Though, I'm with Seong right now." Yeri pointed directly to the opposite aisle near the desk, where the boy was at.

Heeseung whisper-shouted his name. Jongseong lifts his head and reacted with a confused look before striding in their direction.  As Jongseong walks, he doesn't miss the chance to spare a brief gaze at the girl he's never seen before, but she caught his attention.

"The hell are you doing here?" Heeseung asked, judging him unprovoked.

"Yeri made me come with her. What are you doing here? Out of all places?" Jongseong jokingly placed his hand over his mouth.

"...What? You've never seen me read a book?" Heeseung reckoned.

"Barely do. A book in your hand is an odd thing to see." Jongseong jested, only to get a smack on the head from none other than the older guy.

"Ey, no bickering, assholes. Come on, Seong, I'm done. See you tomorrow Heeseung!" Yeri pushed her cousin out, not failing to miss their mouthed communication about "gaming at eight?"

He watches as they leave and the door closes. Aera comes up to him. Rather than feeling disappointed once again, she got a smile on her face which automatically delivers good news.

"I got the library's phone number. She offered me voluntary work for now, and I accepted it. I guess if it works out, I can work here." Aera tells, looking everywhere at the area as she can already imagine herself working there.

"Well done, pretty. When's your start?" Heeseung shoved the book back into the right aisle, wiping his hands after.

"Weekends, five till seven?" Aera answered, making sure she wouldn't forget it.

Heeseung slid the door for them to go out. Now, Aera feels a lot more relieved as she breathes in the fresh air.

"Now that you're free. Want to get some ice cream?" Heeseung asked. Aera does deserve it after all.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Double update~
Thank you and I love you ♡