- 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Third person.

Heeseung halts the car in front of Aera's dorm building. He rests one hand on the steering wheel and leans back on the headrest from the weariness of driving. When he turns his head to look at his passenger, he sees her dozing off.

Aera's face was shone by the light of the streets, giving a view of her looking serene. He hates to wake her up as she was venting about the pressure of her classes today, but a silent call from her phone told him that there must be someone waiting for her to be home at this hour.

"Wake up, pretty. You're home." Heeseung says. There was no sign of the girl waking up, so he shifts closer to her and fondles her hair. Gradually, Aera peeks one eye before stirring awake.

"Was I out for too long?" Aera rubs her eyes.

"Well, you slept through half of the ride home. We just arrived a few minutes ago." Heeseung replied.

"I must've fallen asleep without realizing, sorry." Aera says groggily and fixes herself.

"Don't worry about it. I almost didn't want to wake you up 'cause you looked too comfortable." Heeseung conceded, causing Aera to chortle.

"But, uh, someone was calling you a minute ago." Heeseung added.

"It was my roommate, the one you met at the bar." Aera states after checking her missed calls. A weak laugh escapes Heeseung's mouth at the mention of the place.

"Get some long rest immediately when you get inside, 'kay?" Heeseung uttered in a mellow voice, and Aera takes into consideration and nodded.

"Drive home safely, Heeseung. Thanks for hanging out with me today." Aera opens the car door and goes out, bringing all her things with her.

"Good night!" She cheeped.

"You too, pretty." Heeseung leaned his head down to glance at her through the window and glints a smile before he drove off.

━━━━━

"Heeseung, come to the kitchen!" Mrs. Lee was making dinner when she caught a glimpse of her son and called him over.

The latter, who just came home an hour ago, had to discard his way to the living room to study his new camera even more, leaving it aside for a moment and stopping by the kitchen to see his mother. His doe eyes were apparent as he waits for her to tell him what she needs him for.

"Are you busy?" She invites.

"Not in the moment." Heeseung shakes his head as he answers.

"I hardly saw you today. Did you go somewhere?" With no relation to the question, Heeseung was given the chopping board and a knife for him to help around. He complyingly clasped the nearest vegetable he saw, playfully tossing it into the air to catch effortlessly.

"I went to my classes and brought a digital camera. I was out with my friend too. Nothing much happened, why?" Heeseung shortened his response, not wanting his day to be a preferable discussion with his mother.

"Nothing." Mrs. Lee shrugs light-heartedly.

"Heeseung, I was thinking..." She intended to change the subject abruptly, taking Heeseung aback but he hums curiously in anticipation.

"Don't you think it'd be good for you to learn Japanese?" She resumes. Heeseung's system deadlocks for a long second, the knife in his hands holding back from slicing the vegetable on the board.

"Should I?" He asks, more like to himself.

"Yes, I'm planning to put up Haeun for it too. I can look for a private teacher for you, or Riki might be able to help you, don't you think?" His mom ran on, suggesting what's either best for Heeseung.

"Yeah, no, no, yeah, I'll try to talk to Riki about it." Heeseung stammers while agreeing.

"Good! At least push yourself, okay? It will be easier for you eventually." She pats his shoulder.

Mrs. Lee holds up the spoon with a bit of the dish and feeds it to Heeseung to check how it tastes. Heeseung gives a pleased comment, and then he's out of the kitchen.

In the living room, he sits down on the sofa and turns on the television to a random show. You'd think he's watching the intense melodrama on the screen but truth be told, he's thinking about what he had conversed with his mother.

It was an unexpected request from his mother, however, he knows she wasn't being hasty about it either. There's nothing wrong with learning how to speak a new language anyway. In any case, it'd be beneficial in any circumstances.

'Though, how the hell am I gonna learn Japanese in a quick matter of time?' Heeseung went into deep thinking, scrunching his face obliviously.

"Oppa! Is this your camera?" Haeun appears holding Heeseung's camera to cut off his time alone.

"Who gave you permission to touch that?" Heeseung scolded, motioning her to hand it to him.

"Oops, sorry I broke it." Haeun sassed, sitting down beside him.

"It looks cool, doesn't it?" Heeseung holds the camera in front of his eyes, wandering around the room. He clicks the shutter to take an unprepared shot of the little girl.

"Delete!" Haeun screeches.

"But you look fine in it." Heeseung cracks up, letting her see for herself.

"Did you take photos with it already?" Haeun asks.

"Ah, yeah." Heeseung replies, swiping through the pictures he took when he tested it out.

A picture of Aera then shows up.

"Miss pretty! You were with her a while ago? Again?!" Haeun shockingly responded, her eyes big.

"Is it still a surprise?" Heeseung mumbles.

The next photo was of them together.

"Aw, your camera's actually nice." Haeun was fascinated by how well the shot is.

Meanwhile, Heeseung's fascinated because the photo made both him and miss pretty look good (although he doesn't mean precisely the word...) together.

"That's all. I'm bringing it to my room." He coughs and stood up.

"Can I take my pictures with it too?" Haeun asks.

"When you're older, I'll think about it." Heeseung grimaces, ignoring her offended scoff.

━━━━━━━━━━

<3