- 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Third person.

Saturday before finals week- or the last week of this semester, Aera meets up with Heeseung. It's been more than a week since they last saw each other personally, and it'll be another week of not seeing each other till both finals are officially done.

Although, their hang-out session still consists of needing to study. Thus, lying under the sun on a picnic mat at a public park, they have their revisions to focus on with the existence of each other keeping them company.

Heeseung takes one of the fruit slices they bought from a store before they got here. About to put down the plastic fork, he saw Aera stirring to sit beside him, opening her mouth wide without averting her eyes from revising the similar topic she had gone through before. With a light giggle, Heeseung stabs a small slice of watermelon and feeds her. Aera nods at the rich taste.

"I can't do this anymore." Aera whispers to herself, aggressively setting the notes off her lap.

Aside from them, they're also encircled by people who can't seem to take their eyes off their laptops yet need to be out in the sunlight, dogs and their owners with a cup of coffee, children running around, people jogging while drenched in their sweats, and bicycles going around with their tiny bells to get others out of their way. All of these are based on Aera's ten seconds observation.

"What's your plan for summer?" Aera raises a question she figures they can have a long chat about. Heeseung had put away his belongings before Aera did, going onto his phone in order not to disturb her.

The answer was taking a while to be said out loud. When Aera turned to him, he was spacing out, staring at the narrow grass, looking somewhat tensed. Aera tilts her head as her eyebrows furrow.

"Heeseung, are you okay?" She asks.

"Hm? Sorry, yeah?" Heeseung shakes his head and smiles.

"I said, are you-"

"My plans for summer? I can't tell you yet. Well- I actually haven't thought about that. Too preoccupied with the present that I didn't realize summer's coming next and not just some short break." Heeseung cuts her off and laughs. Aera laughs along, but she can still sense something's off.

Aera decides to brush it off for now because, by the looks of it, perhaps it's something that isn't ready to be brought out yet. Still, she decides to take an eye on him to ensure he's alright.

"Knowing my friends, though, they surely have plans on hanging out together as it's been a while. If not, I'd just find them inside my room any time without my permission to annoy the shit out of me. I can never say no to them anyway." Heeseung chuckles. Aera likes hearing him talk about his friends because even though she's never seen them in person, the stories she's heard of them tell her how much Heeseung loves them (despite the stories always not missing any word that comes close to them being annoying).

"Thinking of doing another part-time job?" Aera suggests.

"Even if I do, I can't. What about you? Plans? Are you still gonna work at the library?" Heeseung turns the question to her.

"I've grown attached to being a library assistant, and I don't think I'll be quitting yet throughout this summer. I'd be going back to my house in the meantime, and I don't know... wherever the summer takes me, I guess." Aera shrugs. Like Heeseung, she hasn't thought about summer nor made a bucket list like she'd always done as a kid.